(Video) Landlord Gets No Help In Eviction

J

jaybeeztoo

Everyone has seen or heard one of the many commercials where a super-charged pitchmen tells them they can get rich quick by buying rental properties.

I'd advise anyone seriously thinking about getting into the rental business -- especially in Baltimore City -- to first carefully watch the video at the end of this piece.
Mobtown USA : (Video) Frustrated Landlord Gets No Help In Eviction

Hmmm, all because the numbers are not on the house. :duh:

Lee

Hmmm, all because the numbers are not on the house. :duh:

It's really a sad situation. You KNOW the official had to know the property was the right one, because the numbers were on the adjoining houses, which the same landlord owned another property.

It was like they wanted to find a way not to do their jobs!!!!

J

jaybeeztoo

And the jungle underground will spread that word faster than this forum. By now every tenant in Mobtown knows this loophole.

That just really sucks. So they all remove their numbers and the po po will not assist in the eviction even if the landlord went through all the proper channels. :sheesh:

Lee

That just really sucks. So they all remove their numbers and the po po will not assist in the eviction even if the landlord went through all the proper channels. :sheesh:

To me, I don't understand why they weren't fired. I meant, they did everything to thwart the eviction.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
To me, I don't understand why they weren't fired. I meant, they did everything to thwart the eviction.

The mayor is a liberal,commie biatch. That's why they weren't fired. It would have pizzed off a liberal voting family to evict them.

Lee

The mayor is a liberal,commie biatch. That's why they weren't fired. It would have pizzed off a liberal voting family to evict them.

You're probably right, but even so, here they were being taped and it didn't even phase them to offer no assistance.

There were three city employees tied up and accomplishing nothing!

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
You're probably right, but even so, here they were being taped and it didn't even phase them to offer no assistance.

There were three city employees tied up and accomplishing nothing!

What did he have to fear by being videotaped? He was doing God's work keeping a poor downtrodden black (presumably) family from being tossed out on the street by a rich property owner.

Lee

What did he have to fear by being videotaped? He was doing God's work keeping a poor downtrodden black (presumably) family from being tossed out on the street by a rich property owner.

Ironically, the tenants, the unhelpful supervisor and the landlord were all black!

ImnoMensa

Any tenant in Maryland who can gets moved in and has one month's rent is guaranteed a 6 month stay whether they pay rent or not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you vote for Democrats, this is what you get. Sorry. Should have thought about that on election day.

rickmcnabb

rick mcnabb
1st : don't blame this on the democrats , because if you remember correctly our last governor was republican .
2nd : yeah, this is a dumbass rule ( because if you think about it , it's like a dog chasing his tale ) - the landlord refiles , puts up new numbers and then tenant takes them down again before they get back out there .
3rd : didn't anyone notice the tenant walking out the front door and past the landlord and the police . ( why didn't they ask him what the address was ? )
4th : the landlord should have the united states postal service come out there to tell the police that the property is the correct address , because if i remember correctly a branch of the united states government can't be wrong - ( right ? ) . at least that was the judges decision in Miracle on 34th Street . :)
5th : OPEN the MAILBOX and SEE what the ADDRESS is on the Mail being delivered there - DUH:doh:
6th : last resort - tell the police that they are selling drugs out of there , then i wonder if they would go in ( even without the address on the front ) .

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
1st : don't blame this on the democrats , because if you remember correctly our last governor was republican .

Right. However, the MD legislature that makes the laws is predominantly Democrat and they're typically the ones that come up with these crazy things. :razz:

smcop

2nd : yeah, this is a dumbass rule ( because if you think about it , it's like a dog chasing his tale ) - the landlord refiles , puts up new numbers and then tenant takes them down again before they get back out there .
3rd : didn't anyone notice the tenant walking out the front door and past the landlord and the police . ( why didn't they ask him what the address was ? )
4th : the landlord should have the united states postal service come out there to tell the police that the property is the correct address , because if i remember correctly a branch of the united states government can't be wrong - ( right ? ) . at least that was the judges decision in Miracle on 34th Street . :)
5th : OPEN the MAILBOX and SEE what the ADDRESS is on the Mail being delivered there - DUH:doh:
6th : last resort - tell the police that they are selling drugs out of there , then i wonder if they would go in ( even without the address on the front ) .
The governor or the mayor aren't the problem, it is the Baltimore Sheriff's Office, which is run by a.........