Video of the "spitting" incident- Judge for yourself.

SmallTown

Football season!
don't agree with the ref that the TB player shouldn't get a penalty. Most personal fouls that are called are the refs seeing the second guy just returning the favor. It was actually a punch towards the head which is also cause for ejection.

tjstalcup

addicted to research
Well I thought he was innocent til I saw that huge loogie coming out of his mouth.

Oh well, I suppose all's fair.

At least he didn't get suspended

tjstalcup

addicted to research
Not only that, but on the slow mo, u can see the white streak of liquid hanging from his helmet, and no it wasn't his chin strap or mouth piece.

I wish it wasn't true :(

BuddyLee

Football addict
I think there's an awful lot of spit flying around in the NFL than people think. A lot of players were discussing this and said it was almost common place. However, I would have spit in the low life's face as well.

In 2001 Michael Pittman was arrested twice for domestic abuse. He got some probation and served a one-game suspension. Last week was his first game back after a three game suspension due to, yes, another domestic abuse arrest.

Since actions speak louder than words, to make his point during an argument with his wife, Pittman got in his Hummer and rammed her car, which had his 2-year-old child and the 18-year-old babysitter inside along with his wife.

Pittman said his suspension was bad, but could have been a lot worse. A lot worse? Nah, come on, you are a pro athlete. Michael did say his wife was standing behind him. This reminds me of an old riddle, what does Michael Pittman say to a woman with two black eyes? Nothing, he already told her twice. She’s not standing behind him, she’s hiding behind him. She’s learned her lesson, stay out of Mike’s way, he’s a pro athlete, you can’t touch him.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Leonard Little wants to drive drunk—who cares, he’s a Pro Bowler. Michael Pittman wants to play demolition derby with his wife and young child—big deal, he led the Bucs in rushing last year. That Jamal Lewis trying to help out a friend (at least he’s not selfish) isn’t important; what is important is that he gained 2,000 yards last year.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sf...les.html?id=841<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Taylor is no angel either, the kinda guy I love on a defense.:biggrin:

Agee

Spitting in someones face is vile, regardless. A total lack of respect...

We'll see where the cards fall...

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
I think there's an awful lot of spit flying around in the NFL than people think. A lot of players were discussing this and said it was almost common place. However, I would have spit in the low life's face as well.
Are you saying there was a second spitter?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes indeed...

...the NFL!

You can fly into a man as hard as you can and, as long as the contact is legal, head up, shoulders first and the whistle hasn't blown, if he gets a concussion, broken bones, blown knee, ruptured spleen, paralyzed or if he dies, it's all a part of the game, expected and promoted!

But don't you DARE spit on him! Why, that is dis-respectful!

Now, don't get me wrong, it's a line and Taylor crossed it and should pay the going rate, fine or suspension or whatever. Rules are rules.

The thing, the only thing that bothers me is that Pittman got a free shot. Yes, Taylor had a helmet on, but if you ever played you know a good head slap ain't exactly pleasant. Go ahead, put on someones motorcycle helmet and let them smack you as hard as they can on the helmet. Their hardest ain't gonna emulate what Pittman did; that man is a walking muscle.

So, Taylor, spitting. Kicked out, fined. Pittman, physical violence, go ahead! He SPIT on you!

Wrong, wrong message.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
So, Taylor, spitting. Kicked out, fined. Pittman, physical violence, go ahead! He SPIT on you!

Wrong, wrong message.

I searched last night for an NFL rule book, but all I found were summary rulebooks, not the official NFL rule book. The summary rules clearly state hitting another player is a personal foul. There is probably some rule in the official rules that state that the ref can use his disgression in enforcing all rules. After seeing the replay posted here, I'm just thankful that we won and Taylor wasn't suspended. He should have been fined more,tho, IMO.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep...

He should have been fined more,tho, IMO.

Non conforming uniform (socks): $20,000

Spit in opponents face: $17,000

Pull gun on him because he might have stole your ATV: Trial put off until next century: Price of being above the law.

Super Star! Super Star!! Super Star!!!