Vince "Call me a Texan" Young...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...How, oh how does a team in Houston, the Houston that is in TEXAS, pass up, with the #1 pick, a kid who just lead his team, the Longhorns, the TEXAS Longhorns, to their first national championship in 35 years?

What's more, would YOU be the guy responsible for picking Reggie Bush, the vanquished foe, over Vince, the conqueroring hero? Would you want to risk going down as the guy who took Sam Bowie over Micheal Jordan?

My argument is simple; Reggie is likely to be just another good pro running back as Bowie was likely to be just another decent big man. Vince, having the size and strength and heart that he does, may become what Randal Cunningham was at times; an unstoppable quarterback and Vince willed his team to win. That's Jordan-esque.

Well?

B

Bruzilla

What does it matter at this point? Is the number 1 draft pick decided now or at the start of the draft?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where you been?

Bruzilla said:
What does it matter at this point? Is the number 1 draft pick decided now or at the start of the draft?

Picking up cans to save for my dollar?

Houston is #1!

It's decided by whatever day it takes for someone to be worst; in this case the last week of play.

I think 49ers are second, then the San Antonio Saints, then GB.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Technically...

Bruzilla said:

...I guess the answer is draft day because the pick can be traded.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Houston doesn't need a quaterback. With a decent offensive line Carr will do just fine. Young will be just as crappy withthe current o-line as Carr is now. We got rid of the Coach, now we just need to get rid of the GM and we'll be set. I say take Reggie Bush and trade Dominick Davis for some veteren linemen.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Food for thought...

Bustem' Down said:
Houston doesn't need a quaterback. With a decent offensive line Carr will do just fine. Young will be just as crappy withthe current o-line as Carr is now. We got rid of the Coach, now we just need to get rid of the GM and we'll be set. I say take Reggie Bush and trade Dominick Davis for some veteren linemen.

Might you not be better keeping a guy who averaged 4.2 per carry with the current line and get more for Bush than Davis might draw?

rraley

I think Texas should trade the #1 pick...they don't need Young and Bush is a gamble. I'm sure that they could fill several holes by trading that pick.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Larry Gude said:
Might you not be better keeping a guy who averaged 4.2 per carry with the current line and get more for Bush than Davis might draw?
Davis is a good RB do doubt, but his numbers are a direct reflection of having no passing game. He is the offense and he's becoming injury prone because of that. From talking to my dad back home, he says the feeling is go for Bush. But whatever they decide to do with the draft, the real key is who's going to be coach. that will make the real difference.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I think they draft Reggie, and make him a slot reciever...I think that will help them, but Bush as a running back for them, I dont believe he will be better than what the Texans already have....I also believe they have a decently good recieving core already, just the line doesnt give long enough protection for Carr an the reciever routes to develop....so I think the Texans should go for Bush, and an O Line...

JMO

donbarzini

If I'm Texans' GM, I go to Al Davis and offer him the #1 for his #1 this year, which is the 6th pick, and a #2 this year and next. And he drafts Leinhart. A So Cal QB.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
donbarzini said:
If I'm Texans' GM, I go to Al Davis and offer him the #1 for his #1 this year, which is the 6th pick, and a #2 this year and next. And he drafts Leinhart. A So Cal QB.
Unfortunately, Charley Casserly is an idiot and needs to be fired also. He gave up a first round pick last year in a trade for Phillip Buchanon who just sucks and was all around dissapointing.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I think Houston is going to take Bush. Last I heard, Young wasn't entering the drft this year but will finish out his school first.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Bustem' Down said:
I think Houston is going to take Bush. Last I heard, Young wasn't entering the drft this year but will finish out his school first.

Ummm he announced just a few days after winning the national title that he is entering the draft this year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I heard that...

...Carr was, or shortly is, due a fairly large bonus and that they are going to pay him once the coach thing settles down, and then choose Bush.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...Carr was, or shortly is, due a fairly large bonus and that they are going to pay him once the coach thing settles down, and then choose Bush.

:yeahthat:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
AK-74me said:
Ummm he announced just a few days after winning the national title that he is entering the draft this year.
Ok, I just read something about the 2006 Heisman race involving him. Must have been outdated.

Hiring Kubiak as head coach is pretty good. The guy has done good in Denver. It would be great to get Dan Reeves as the GM but I don't think that will happen.