Virginia speeding ticket

Chris0nllyn

i HATE having to take my radar detector down in that state !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave up on that years back and just keep it to 9mph over. Around here, seems maybe 60/40 radar/laser so the effectiveness of a detector is low enough that I stopped bothering.

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth when such vehicle is equipped with any device or mechanism, passive or active, to detect or purposefully interfere with or diminish the measurement capabilities of any radar, laser, or other device or mechanism employed by law-enforcement personnel to measure the speed of motor vehicles on the highways of the Commonwealth for law-enforcement purposes. It shall be unlawful to use any such device or mechanism on any such motor vehicle on the highways.
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title46.2/chapter10/section46.2-1079/

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Go to a shop and have them lubricate the accelerator linkage, and get a detailed receipt. Take it to court and say the accelerator was stuck and now your son is afraid to drive and he will need years of therapy. :whistle:

glhs837

Power with Control
As did I. They pick up radar, but by time it picks up laser, you're done anyway.

Got my first warning in years the other week though. :doh:

It's possible to get a bleedover warning from a laser hit ahead of you, but thats so rare that it' not worth figuring in.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
$500 for a lawyer, what a racket :rolleyes: $200 and some change for fines and court fees and I had to write a character reference which is difficult to do when you're mad at the person. :lol: Not sure if our insurance will go up too. :ohwell:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
$500 for a lawyer, what a racket :rolleyes: $200 and some change for fines and court fees and I had to write a character reference which is difficult to do when you're mad at the person. :lol: Not sure if our insurance will go up too. :ohwell:

For the price of the lawyer, you can speed 2 more times and still come out ahead.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I hate driving through Virginia. They suck.

Homer J

Power Chord
If you add that you were touching cotton, you will have the hearts and minds of the entire courtroom... You gotta keep a straight face....

Touching cotton is a good start, but it insinuates that everything is well formed and solid. I like the term "Fecal Urgency". Leaves more to the imagination.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Touching cotton is a good start, but it insinuates that everything is well formed and solid. I like the term "Fecal Urgency". Leaves more to the imagination.

"touching cotton" sounds racist.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
That does not seem possible. Time flies, eh?

I saw my "new" age on a document today and it startled me :lol:

Heading to Bonefish tonight with friends, wish you (and company) would be there. That was a fun night!

glhs837

Power with Control
Go to a shop and have them lubricate the accelerator linkage, and get a detailed receipt. Take it to court and say the accelerator was stuck and now your son is afraid to drive and he will need years of therapy. :whistle:

Imminent failure of the Feces/Air Separator Valve