Virginia

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
How hard would it be for most of St Marys county to secede from MD, and become part of VA?

I would think VA would love to have us, with PAX and all the contractors that support it... we need to leave and leave the rest of the state holding the bag before all the jobs leave MD and we're left holding the bag

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Pretty much all the state South of Waldorf and Upper Marlboro...ask Annapolis if they would like to join us. We could become St Maryland County VA.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Are there rules for counties being members of a contiguous state?

For example, can a county in MD say "screw you MD. We have no representation in Annapolis, and we don't share the same ideals. We want to be a county of Wisconsin, or Alaska."

You know send a message to states like MD that they need to treat us right or we'll align with a state that will..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Now imagine how this would work...

We could leave MD for a more conservative state, and all the inner city type counties will be clamoring to join MD.. what revenge seeing Detroit MD would be...

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I am thinking very seriously of moving to Virginia and just commuting to work, screw this state.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I am thinking very seriously of moving to Virginia and just commuting to work, screw this state.

Why move? The majority of Southern MD is conservative... If the state wants to pass unconstitutional law that should be reason enough for us to become part of VA.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Same here. I've already started preliminary searches.

Why move? The majority of Southern MD is conservative... If the state wants to pass unconstitutional law that should be reason enough for us to become part of VA.
Easy answer. Because we are still bound by the higher taxes and ridiculous gun restrictions as the rest of the state. Our vote doesn't count. Maryland will NOT get my retirement. I'm so gone in 10 or less years.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Tennessee is a highly rated state for retirement. I looked at that too.

That's just a bonus. We won't be old enough to retire when we move. We would have been gone years ago but I need to get my 20 yrs in so I can get a partial pension from my current job. With the cost of living so low down there, we're hoping we can get jobs we'll actually enjoy. Right now, it's all about making the money so that we can survive. We live within our budget, have money in the bank and our eyes on the prize.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Why should WE move? Let's throw the bums out who are ruining our state. Vote them out and replace them with someone who shares our values and truly represents US. Easier said than done I know but revolutions have happened before. Just sayin' :whistle:

laynpipe

This is all music to my ears. I have been hoping for years that masses of unwanted people would leave Maryland. Lifers like myself love it here and hate what the new crop have tried to turn our beloved state into.

I say "don't let the door hit you on the way out". Wont be soon enough for me.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

Easy answer. Because we are still bound by the higher taxes and ridiculous gun restrictions as the rest of the state. Our vote doesn't count. Maryland will NOT get my retirement. I'm so gone in 10 or less years.

Virginia is racing to catch up with Maryland to be more liberal than its neighbors. As Northern Virginia grows in population (thanks to federal jobs in D.C.) the legislature moves leftward. Taxes in Virginia are being eyed to pay for the growing Northern population centers. The Governor's mansion will soon be painted blue.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
This is all music to my ears. I have been hoping for years that masses of unwanted people would leave Maryland. Lifers like myself love it here and hate what the new crop have tried to turn our beloved state into.

I say "don't let the door hit you on the way out". Wont be soon enough for me.

Are you talking about all those illegal aliens? Most in SOMD belong to families that have been here for many years.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why should WE move? Let's throw the bums out who are ruining our state. Vote them out and replace them with someone who shares our values and truly represents US. Easier said than done I know but revolutions have happened before. Just sayin' :whistle:

Who, exactly, is going to vote them out??

The majority that is the entitlement class, or the Residents of Baltimore??

Southern MD can't do it, just not possible.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I'm not sure you're understanding what my brilliant beautiful wife was saying..

WE don't move, the county(ies) becomes part of VA... At that point we wouldn't be bound by the gun restrictions and high taxes of MD..

Last edited:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I'm not sure you're understaning what my brilliant beautiful wife was saying..

WE don't move, the county(ies) becomes part of VA... At that point we wouldn't be bound by the gun restrictions and high taxes of MD..

Tired of sleeping on damp sheets? :whistle: