Virginia

luvmygdaughters

I kind of grew up in Va. in the late 70's and early 80's. It was called Coles Point Tavern. Still kind of a blur though..

I remember (kind of) many a boat trip to Coles Point Tavern. We would leave the Dock of the Bay or Harborview Inn and go for it. Always had a great time, at least what I could remember anyway. Judgement was always a little (?) impaired by tequilla. Thank God we had a DD.:alkies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I kind of grew up in Va. in the late 70's and early 80's. It was called Coles Point Tavern. Still kind of a blur though..

You and I HAD to have crossed paths then. I lived on Brown Road.

Coles Point Tavern was on our "connect the dots" list (still is ..30 years later) as we would work our way from St. Patricks Creek, Frank Moriss'...T's Cove, Cobbeyelan..across to Coles Point..back to T's...mebbe south to Dennis Point...

But yeah, blurry was a recurring theme back in those days,

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
You and I HAD to have crossed paths then. I lived on Brown Road.

Coles Point Tavern was on our "connect the dots" list (still is ..30 years later) as we would work our way from St. Patricks Creek, Frank Moriss'...T's Cove, Cobbeyelan..across to Coles Point..back to T's...mebbe south to Dennis Point...

But yeah, blurry was a recurring theme back in those days,

I am sure we have crossed paths in "da river" more than once.. We just don't remember. Leonardtown Wharf and Harbor View were on my hit lists too. I ran into a damn boat over at Cobb Is. one time. I went back over there and fixed the damage for the guy. I was in a little better shape when I fixed it. Lawd, the good ole days on the water..

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Every Village needs their idiot..

Actually, the idiots in this thread are the ones that believe something so stupid could ever take place. Or even want it to.....

Idiots.....

But of course, you would be doing the rest of us a HUGE favor by leaving. So I'll say it again. Please don't wait, pack up and roll out now. The sooner, the better.
Speaking of villages missing their idiots, hey Layn, your village called and need you back right away. The trash cans are overflowing. Scoot along on home now and do your chores.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I ran into a damn boat over at Cobb Is. one time. .

"We" arrived there one night around 2 or 3 am and discovered the Monitor (or was it the Merrimac?) tied up to the wall in front of Franks' restaurant (I forgit the name of Frank's place..long gone). So of course we boarded and claimed capture. At which point a bunch of very agitated but muffled voices arose from inside the vessel, clearly indicating that a) it was occupied and b) said occupants were really pissed off about being woken up at 3 am by a bunch of ruffians tromping around on their deck.

Turns out they were headed to n'ofick for a battle re-creation of some kind. We relinquished control of the vessel and let them proceed peacefully. Before the cops arrived. :killingme

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Eight Colorado counties want to leave the state

As a sign of just how divisive the recently ended Colorado legislative session has been, it may very well result in a literal division of the state.

As many as eight counties composing the rural, oil and gas-rich northeast corner of the state are pursuing a plan to cut ties with a capital city they no longer feel represents their interests and come together as the 51st state in the country: North Colorado.

“We’re actually going to pursue it,” said Weld County Commissioner Douglas Rademacher, a farmer whose jurisdiction is spearheading the effort.

“Frankly, we’ve been ignored in northeastern Colorado now for the last, going on eight years with the current administration in Denver.”

“Frankly, we see no option,” he said. “We are going to move forward.”

Rademacher cited numerous examples of how Denver politicians are out of touch with rural Colorado, from passing tough new gun laws — “that gun legislation really pissed a lot of people off in Weld County,” he said — to trying to clamp down on companies that extract natural gas through fracking.

But the final straw, he said, was Gov. John Hickenlooper’s signature on Wednesday of Senate Bill 252 requiring rural electrical cooperatives to double to 20 percent the amount of renewable energy in their portfolios by 2020.

“It’s a death by a thousand cuts, but the straw that finally broke the back was the governor signed 252 yesterday, which puts another huge impact on rural Colorado to meet these unrealistic deadlines and mandates for renewable energy,” he said. “And yet, the major population centers don’t have to abide by it. There’s a hypocrisy going on in Denver that’s just driving us crazy.”

Looks like SOMD isn't the only area pissed off at their state government. Rural areas are really getting the shaft all over the country.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Looks like SOMD isn't the only area pissed off at their state government. Rural areas are really getting the shaft all over the country.

maybe Rural America shoudl organize and stand up to the Metro US.. Maybe form our own state..

Let our taxes support US, and let the cities bleed themselves dry trying to support all of their entitlement programs.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Bought 35+ acres in KG County a few months back. There is no turning this ship(MD) around.

libby

So what is the first step? Maybe someone can start a web page or a Facebook page and organize that way?
I can't imagine we bring this to our local representatives, because why on earth would they support that.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So what is the first step? Maybe someone can start a web page or a Facebook page and organize that way?
I can't imagine we bring this to our local representatives, because why on earth would they support that.

Why wouldn't they??

If anyone is in the know they should be, and unless they are in O'Malley's pocket they can see the truth..

We produce x amount of revenenue, and we get back .25x back in state benefites while the rest supports the inner city and metro citizens that have very little in common with us.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Wonder if Roy Dyson would listen to something like that. Maybe even Johnny Wood. He has kind of been an outcast in Annapolis for not playing MOM's games.

laynpipe

The first step would be to not listen to dumb ideas. If you really think something like this would ever happen, you might want to lay on the couch and seek a mental evaluation.

Really, really, really stupid idea for anyone that thinks this would ever even be entertained.

But on the other hand, I hope it works because I'd like to see the a mass exodus of these wingers that have moved to my state.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
The first step would be to not listen to dumb ideas. If you really think something like this would ever happen, you might want to lay on the couch and seek a mental evaluation.

Really, really, really stupid idea for anyone that thinks this would ever even be entertained.

But on the other hand, I hope it works because I'd like to see the a mass exodus of these wingers that have moved to my state.

Larry wrote earlier in another thread about how our founding fathers were at least educated. Since the idea that counties could form their own state has happened five times successfully already, I would surmise the premise is not stupid. It has been attempted much more than that, the latest I believe in 2011.

Get educated.

laynpipe

All I can say is good luck. The rest of us have better things to do with our time then chase down a pipe dream. But again.....the sooner the better.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
All I can say is good luck. The rest of us have better things to do with our time then chase down a pipe dream. But again.....the sooner the better.

Our entire country was just a pipe dream in the back of a bar at one point.. your point?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

The state was taken over by leftwing moonbats starting in the 60s with the Columbia project and rolling on from there. What was once farmland owned by generally conservative folks has all become .25 acre over-leveraged houses on HOA-controlled developments.

Those moonbats that you so openly and gleefully associate with are the ones that took over and are the ones that are apparently staying.

The rest of us are the ones leaving. The ones like me..whose family first set foot in the state some several hundred years ago.

mamatutu

mama to two
Larry wrote earlier in another thread about how our founding fathers were at least educated. Since the idea that counties could form their own state has happened five times successfully already, I would surmise the premise is not stupid. It has been attempted much more than that, the latest I believe in 2011.

Speakout: Should Carroll County be Part of a New State? - Government - Westminster, MD Patch

If you think Carroll County should break away from the state of Maryland and form a new state with four other Western Maryland counties, you're not alone. In fact a Facebook page, Western Maryland: A New State Initiative, has been created to get the ball rolling.

The Western Maryland: A New State Initiative Facebook page "is for discussion on forming a new state from the five western counties of Maryland," according to the site. The proposed new state would include Garrett, Allegany, Washington, Frederick, and Carroll County.

Last edited: