Virginia's Governor calls for gun control after shooting.

transporter

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...special-session-after-virginia-beach-shooting

All part of the show folks. It's a recognized fact that after any shooting the gun grabbers come out.
This Governor has to do something to get Virginia's voters mind off the blackface act he performed years ago.
I have no idea what he thinks can be done about nutbags going Postal, but I am sure it is something stupid.

It is also a recognized fact that they gun nutters come out...

They stomp and they scream that some one is going to infringe upon their right to own weapons that serve no purpose other than to kill as many people as quickly as possible.

Since you didn't bother to read the AP report (it wasn't that hard to find...it was linked in the article you posted....but you just wouldn't be you if you ACTUALLY read something)...here is what it said:

Northam’s bills include a ban on silencers and high-capacity magazines, as well as a broadening of the ability of local governments to prohibit guns in city buildings.

So, gun nutter, would you care to explain why you think average everyday citizens should possess silencers? "high capacity" magazines? Or why average everyday citizens should be able to carry a gun in a city (i.e. government) building???

Chris0nllyn

So, gun nutter, would you care to explain why you think average everyday citizens should possess silencers? "high capacity" magazines? Or why average everyday citizens should be able to carry a gun in a city (i.e. government) building???

Suppressors protect hearing.
"high capacity" has never been defined by anyone who is not a politician.
Why are police allowed?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AFAIK EVERYTHING was Legally purchased .... until this guy started shooting co-workers he was a stand up citizen

what changes in ANY proposed New Gun Laws would have stopped this shooting

Last edited:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Gee. I wonder why....

So, gun nutter, would you care to explain why you think average everyday citizens should possess silencers?
The fact you call them silencers shows right off you're out of your depth.

So, gun nutter, would you care to explain why you think average everyday citizens should possess...."high capacity" magazines?
Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Anything above "0" to those seeking to destroy the 2d Amendment is "high capacity." Inconvenient fact for gun grabbers: when the 2d Amendment was drafted private citizens had the same weaponry the "government" did. That was the intent: to keep it that way.

So, gun nutter, would you care to explain why you think average everyday citizens...should be able to carry a gun in a city (i.e. government) building???
Because it makes things safer. You're a self-proclaimed "stats guy"; check it out: "gun free zone" far more often than not = "undefended target rich environment."

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
banning 'large capacity' magazines is a useless gesture The Parkland shooter had a back pack full of 10 rnd mags IIRC

This_person

Because they want to is more than sufficient reason.

Every day citizens are law abiding and I have no reason nor authority (and neither does a government which follows the constitution) to question or stop law-abiding citizens from carrying whatever weapon they want wherever they want.

You understand that, right?

This_person

Yooper

I wish this was entirely true. It appears to be only partially so.

From (link): https://www.mountvernon.org/library/digitalhistory/digital-encyclopedia/article/spurious-quotations/
This quote is partially accurate as the beginning section is taken from Washington's First Annual Message to Congress on the State of the Union. However, the quote is then manipulated into a differing context and the remaining text is inaccurate. Here is the actual text from Washington's speech:

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

--- End of line (MCP)

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
AFAIK EVERYTHING was Legally purchased .... until this guy started shooting co-workers he was a stand up citizen

what changes in ANY proposed New Gun Laws would have stopped this shoioting
@GURPS I really wish you would quit all of this common sense talk. You're making my head hurt. ;)

The only thing that surprises me about this story is that it took them so long. I thought for sure they'd be on the soapbox by that evening, next day at the latest.

black dog

Free America

They stomp and they scream that some one is going to infringe upon their right to own weapons that serve no purpose other than to kill as many people as quickly as possible.

Since you didn't bother to read the AP report (it wasn't that hard to find...it was linked in the article you posted....but you just wouldn't be you if you ACTUALLY read something)...here is what it said:

Still havent read that thing called The Constitution yet have you?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Yooper

Still havent read that thing called The Constitution yet have you?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Nice post. Thank you.

I'm sure the next "but, but" will be about "militia." To the gun grabbers this MUST mean a government-sponsored entity. Of course, they forget that a "militia" back then (when the Constitution was written, discussed, and ratified) was composed of like-minded PRIVATE citizens. Like the Minutemen (and hundreds of other, similar, non-governmental groups).

The "Minutemen" concept truly frightens gun grabbers.

--- End of line (MCP)

Hijinx

We will be going back to militia's.
We will have to.
No one can stand alone against gun grabbers.
If the President (Trump) is forced out of office illegally and guns are banned and threatened to be confiscated, ----Neighbors will have to form militia's . Don't believe for one minute that Law Enforcement will refuse to do the Democrats dirty work for them. They will do as they are told.
But when they come for your guns and thirty or forty militia members come in behind them, they may have a change of mind.

Fact is this is why the second amendment exists.

Yooper

Let's add two links to the mix. I'm posting w/o comment. But they're worth reading (if you have the time and/or interest).

--- End of line (MCP)