Vitamin B12

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Got some test results back today, they say my vitamin B12 is low. It's 264, normal is 239-931. They are telling me that since it's so close to the low end I need to get B12 shots. Should I get a second opinion? I got other results too that weren't perfect but not horrible and they want me to take all kinds of meds and vitamins. I know the doctor is usually right, but I'm one of those that hates taking meds unless it's absolutely necessary, I do take BP meds now and have been for many years.

Roman

You are in the low spectrum of the normal numbers. It is up to you. I use to have Vitamin B-12 injections, and WOW...did I ever have some energy!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
You are in the low spectrum of the normal numbers. It is up to you. I use to have Vitamin B-12 injections, and WOW...did I ever have some energy!

I could definitely use some energy lately, B12 sounds good to me! :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Vitamin shots" are what all those celebrities say they get when they're really getting speed.

Roman

Right after getting my first injection (About 2 hours), I peed red. They didn't tell me that this might happen, and I thought I had a UTI. I wanted to tell you about that, to save you the scare!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
She kept saying it's up to me if I want them or not, I'll have to think about it. My iron is low also, so I may just start taking One a Days with iron or something. My insurance is about to change over due to my hubby's job change. So, I'll see what happens with that.

cricketmd

She kept saying it's up to me if I want them or not, I'll have to think about it. My iron is low also, so I may just start taking One a Days with iron or something. My insurance is about to change over due to my hubby's job change. So, I'll see what happens with that.

Have you tried taking B-12 vitimin over the counter and see if that improves it some first ... maybe? :shrug:

Got some test results back today, they say my vitamin B12 is low. It's 264, normal is 239-931. They are telling me that since it's so close to the low end I need to get B12 shots. Should I get a second opinion? I got other results too that weren't perfect but not horrible and they want me to take all kinds of meds and vitamins. I know the doctor is usually right, but I'm one of those that hates taking meds unless it's absolutely necessary, I do take BP meds now and have been for many years.

If it's just a bit low and you feel ok, don't sweat it. Maybe take some OTC B-12.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
That's just the thing, with all these things being "low" you'd think I'd be tired all the time, but I'm not, I do P90x every day, walk 3 miles each evening and only sleep for about 5 hours a night. I don't feel bad either. I know the numbers don't lie, but I'm afraid to have any more energy than I already do.