Voting in Maryland & Masks

TPD

the poor dad
So I see hogan has agreed to reduce the number of required polling places for the November election, mainly because counties can’t find enough election judges. This has the potential to get ugly in a number of ways. First, I have been an election judge previously but will not be this year, not because I’m scared of getting the sweet & sour sickness, but because I refuse to wear a mask for 12 hours.

Second, how long will the lines be with the reduced number of polling places? And won’t this defeat social distancing and crowded buildings guidelines? I just can’t see how this is gonna work.

Lastly, voters will be required to wear a mask. What happens when a voter refuses to wear a mask? Who will enforce this? (Another reason I will not be an election judge this year because I don’t want to deal with this enforcement) Will police be stationed at each polling place? Will I be denied my constitutional right to vote over an unconstitutional mandate? Boy oh boy I see a lot of problems!!! There will be lots of fodder for YouTube...

what sez you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm voting absentee this year. Maybe everyone will stay home and my vote will be the only one counted.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

herb749

So I see hogan has agreed to reduce the number of required polling places for the November election, mainly because counties can’t find enough election judges. This has the potential to get ugly in a number of ways. First, I have been an election judge previously but will not be this year, not because I’m scared of getting the sweet & sour sickness, but because I refuse to wear a mask for 12 hours.

Second, how long will the lines be with the reduced number of polling places? And won’t this defeat social distancing and crowded buildings guidelines? I just can’t see how this is gonna work.

Lastly, voters will be required to wear a mask. What happens when a voter refuses to wear a mask? Who will enforce this? (Another reason I will not be an election judge this year because I don’t want to deal with this enforcement) Will police be stationed at each polling place? Will I be denied my constitutional right to vote over an unconstitutional mandate? Boy oh boy I see a lot of problems!!! There will be lots of fodder for YouTube...

what sez you?

Yeah you don't want to cause a riot when someone shouts out, he touched his face, We are all contaminated, I can't vote here.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yeah you don't want to cause a riot when someone shouts out, he touched his face, We are all contaminated, I can't vote here.

that's the problem with mask

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

TPD

the poor dad
that's the problem with mask

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

Touch your face

Touch something else

I laugh every time I see someone touch there face while wearing a mask. If this disease was so bad, most of us would be dead by now just from touching our face, then the door/shopping cart/pin pad/gas pump/ etc then touching our face again. This is all insanity! Even while the health department official visited us last week to admonish us, they touched their mask numerous times. I so wanted to say something but knew it would only make things worse...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I laugh every time I see someone touch there face while wearing a mask. If this disease was so bad, most of us would be dead by now just from touching our face, then the door/shopping cart/pin pad/gas pump/ etc then touching our face again. This is all insanity! Even while the health department official visited us last week to admonish us, they touched their mask numerous times. I so wanted to say something but knew it would only make things worse...
I've been thinking about this but from another perspective. Let's say you need to use the restroom in a public store. You sit, do your thing. When you get up, is washing your hands the first thing you do? Of course not, unless you walk out of the stall with your pants around your ankles. You pull up your pants. Zip your fly. Button your jeans. Tighten your belt. Adjust your clothes to look pretty. All using those dirty dirty hands. Open the door with your ELBOW. Walk out to the sink like a surgeon with your hands in the air being careful not to touch ANYTHING, including the sink faucet. Finally, wash. Do you rush out of the store, run home and throw those clothes in the wash? Of course not. The instant you walk out the bathroom door, it's forgotten.

Do you know of ANYONE EVER AT ALL that contracted E. coli or any other disease by doing this?

TPD

the poor dad
I've been thinking about this but from another perspective. Let's say you need to use the restroom in a public store. You sit, do your thing. When you get up, is washing your hands the first thing you do? Of course not, unless you walk out of the stall with your pants around your ankles. You pull up your pants. Zip your fly. Button your jeans. Tighten your belt. Adjust your clothes to look pretty. All using those dirty dirty hands. Open the door with your ELBOW. Walk out to the sink like a surgeon with your hands in the air being careful not to touch ANYTHING, including the sink faucet. Finally, wash. Do you rush out of the store, run home and throw those clothes in the wash? Of course not. The instant you walk out the bathroom door, it's forgotten.

Do you know of ANYONE EVER AT ALL that contracted E. coli or any other disease by doing this?

yup great point!