Voting in St. Mary's

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Took exactly an hour to vote at Hollywood Firehouse this morning. Saw some pretty determined people in that line...on crutches..walkers..requiring assistance the whole way.

Older fella passed out on his feet and fell to the ground only a few yards from us. Several folks jumped to help carry him over to a chair and let the EMT get him revived. Old guy wasn't leaving without casting his vote though!..so some of the VFD volunteers carried him around to a machine they had set up just for very disabled people and he got his wish. A middle aged gal near us was quite obviously dealing with some kind of cancer and showed all the signs of the side effects or chemo or radiation treatments. She was game though...she made the last hundred feet being helped along with a chair and her assistant had to practically carry her to the booth to actually vote. She was done. I sure hope she's OK.

I was impressed....and humbled.
It IS very humbling, isn't it? I witnessed similar incidents about 15 years ago when I was a poll worker. Brought me to tears. (with pride)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Record-Breaking 800 Million Americans Expected To Vote In 2020 Election

And I'll bet 600 Million of them were Democrats! :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

And I'll bet 600 Million of them were dead Democrats! :jet:
FIFY

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

And I'll bet 600 Million of them were Democrats! :jet:
Fake news. Everyone knows there is well over 1.5 billion voters in the US. That's why there are waiting lines at the early voting places. Geez.

glhs837

Power with Control
Just went by Hollywood in case the line was short..........was maybe 100 or more people in line outside. I'll swing back later, maybe after a trip to FBS.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just went by Hollywood in case the line was short..........was maybe 100 or more people in line outside. I'll swing back later, maybe after a trip to FBS.

When I voted this past Tuesday, there were a lot of people but the line moved fairly quick.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I've decided to just vote on Tuesday. Great Mills HS is closer, but I may drive the couple extra miles to Leonardtown HS.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mail in ballots were an option so you wouldn’t have to vote in person.
Mrs and I decided to use the mail in ballot.
However, I brought them to the drop box at the county election board offices.
There was a good sized line well out the door, lots of older folks who made me feel young again looking at them.
Line moved pretty well.

Got an email the next day that the ballots were properly retrieved and logged.

mitzi

However, I brought them to the drop box at the county election board offices.

This is what I've decided I'm going to do on Monday. I've always had this thing and excitement about voting on Election Day. Now with all my issues, I can't stand in a line like this anymore. I have to accept defeat :( as much as I hate to.