Voting Question

BuddyLee

Football addict
I read a bulletin today at my college saying that if i was registered to vote in the last elections that i didnt have to re-register. Is this true or do i have to register again??

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
As an independent voter, I think it blows that Maryland doesn't hold open primaries. When Democrats controlled most state politics, they had nothing to gain by opening the primaries. I liked the GOP's open primary in 2K, but I suspect the party chiefs felt it was a disaster since so many independents like myself voted for McCain.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Is that a society that we live in now? You have to be either liberal or conservative.
No, it's just that they have a different polling place for liberals. We want to make sure you go to the right place.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by vraiblonde
No, it's just that they have a different polling place for liberals. We want to make sure you go to the right place.

Oh really, tell me about this. :smile:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by ceo_pte
well if you are a lib, don't worry about it! If you are a conservative, we will take care of you. :rolleyes: DUH!

Say im a conservative will i be beated at the polls?

ceo_pte

Say im a conservative will i be beated at the polls?

When you register to vote, they usually ask you if you are Republican or Democrat or Independent. Depending on which you elect, you will be notified accordingly when that party holds their primaries. If you elected other, then you will not be notified. I think that is the scoop.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by ceo_pte
When you register to vote, they usually ask you if you are Republican or Democrat or Independent. Depending on which you elect, you will be notified accordingly when that party holds their primaries. If you elected other, then you will not be notified. I think that is the scoop.

So say i elected to be an independent, i can still vote on March 2nd correct?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So say i elected to be an independent, i can still vote on March 2nd correct?
No, Maryland is not having an open primary. If you're registered as an independent, you can only vote in the general election in November.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by jazz lady
No, Maryland is not having an open primary. If you're registered as an independent, you can only vote in the general election in November.

well i guess im glad i didnt go for independent although thats what i consider myself

Pete

Repete
well i guess im glad i didnt go for independent although thats what i consider myself
I always register as a Democrat, then vote in the primary for the most freakishly outragious Dem just to screw things up. :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Pete
I always register as a Democrat, then vote in the primary for the most freakishly outragious Dem just to screw things up. :lol:

Thats so wrong but yet so funny:lol: