Voting without ID

littlelady

God bless the USA
Except that you don't need an ID to vote in Maryland.

I thought you shut down for the night. But, as far as voter ID, I find it strange that all they asked for was name and address when I voted last week. Then there was just a little slip of paper documenting my vote. I don’t get that. But, even though, we were among a bunch of Dems in Mont Cty, they were really nice. I don’t trust the voting thing. God bless the USA.

And, then there is this. I, totally, shut it out because of life, and/or Barry said it. Same thing.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=forbe...39167873984653BC04D63B8809CF35&FORM=QBLH&sp=1

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fake IDs are super easy to get. So if your candidate lost, you would just claim it was because of fake IDs....etc.

If a person took the time and invested the expense to obtain a fake ID simply in an effort to vote, I think I'd be give their vote more credibility than most.

direxpgw

Voting

If a person took the time and invested the expense to obtain a fake ID simply in an effort to vote, I think I'd be give their vote more credibility than most.

Haha. It all boils down to common sense. One can come up with whatever bs reasons they want, but a simple ID of some sort makes it a little more difficult than just walking in off the street and saying I’m George Washington and casting a vote. I dread if anything serious ever happens in this country requiring people to actually have a tad of responsibility and fend for themselves, because if they whine about the hardships of presenting ID to vote, GOD help em.

Chris0nllyn

Haha. It all boils down to common sense. One can come up with whatever bs reasons they want, but a simple ID of some sort makes it a little more difficult than just walking in off the street and saying I’m George Washington my address is... and my birth day is...and casting a vote. I dread if anything serious ever happens in this country requiring people to actually have a tad of responsibility and fend for themselves, because if they whine about the hardships of presenting ID to vote, GOD help em.

Added relevant info as that would be how the conversation went.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you want to require ID's, then ID's will have to be provided freely and to every eligible person - or it is, by definition, exclusionary.

Agree. And it shouldn't be a problem to accomplish that either.

They asked me for my full name, my physical street address and my birthday month and day. I guess I passed the quiz because they let me vote both times. ;-p

black dog

Free America
Agree. And it shouldn't be a problem to accomplish that either.

They asked me for my full name, my physical street address and my birthday month and day. I guess I passed the quiz because they let me vote both times. ;-p

I didnt realize you were a democrat....

flowerlover

Every doctor office or medical facility I've been to requires a photo ID and your insurance card either once a year to update/verify their records, or as a new patient. And they scan both cards. How do people without a photo ID see a doctor or get medical care?

Sapidus

Um, reports of voter fraud are coming out pretty much every week from all across America. Do they not allow you to have news in your world? Have they put blocks on your internet?

Only from paranoid people like yourself. Look up the statics on actual cases of voter fraud and stop listening to Fox news and Breitbart scaring you into believing lies.

How exactly is someone going to vote for someone else?

Lets' think about it shall we

First you have to show up at the right location which for me only covers about a 8 block radius.

Second you have to know the persons name and address.

Third that assumes they haven't already been there and voted.

Why would someone ( especially an illegal immigrant who could be deported) risk jail time to steal one vote?

When you think about these things logically voter fraud makes no sense which is the reason it doesn't happen often.

Republicans just want to scare you into believing it does. Just like they want to scare you that this caravan is full of murders and polio ridden people coming for your jobs.

Voted Id laws have long been put in place by republicans to provide one more barrier to voting for the poor

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Voted Id laws have long been put in place by republicans to provide one more barrier to voting for the poor

So you think poor people don't drive, or have a bank account, or receive medical care, or even a welfare check, or buy alcohol, or cigarettes, or travel, or anything else?

What a slimy little elitist you are.

Sapidus

So you think poor people don't drive, or have a bank account, or receive medical care, or even a welfare check, or buy alcohol, or cigarettes, or travel, or anything else?

What a slimy little elitist you are.

Why does everyone need to drive? Not everyone has a bank account or buys alcohol. You don't need an id to receive medical care numbskull.

Now lets get back to the facts that show

"A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast. Even this tiny number is likely inflated, as the study’s author counted not just prosecutions or convictions, but any and all credible claims.
Two studies done at Arizona State University, one in 2012 and another in 2016, found similarly negligible rates of impersonation fraud. The project found 10 cases of voter impersonation fraud nationwide from 2000-2012. The follow-up study, which looked for fraud specifically in states where politicians have argued that fraud is a pernicious problem, found zero successful prosecutions for impersonation fraud in five states from 2012-2016.
A review of the 2016 election found four documented cases of voter fraud. "

https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/debunking-voter-fraud-myth

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Why does everyone need to drive? Not everyone has a bank account or buys alcohol. You don't need an id to receive medical care numbskull.

Now lets get back to the facts that show
Hey ####bag!

The "Facts" are that you can not function in society without an ID.

You want to cheat, you'll have to find more elaborate ways to do so.

black dog

Free America
Why does everyone need to drive? Not everyone has a bank account or buys alcohol. You don't need an id to receive medical care numbskull.]

To get any services form your local State and Federal Government you have to have valid state or federal ID..
The only healthcare one is going to get is at the Emergency room without ID..
If one wants state or federal issued free healthcare, you need valid ID.

Rommey

First you have to show up at the right location which for me only covers about a 8 block radius.
Well that might be true in some places, but my polling place is 4-5 miles away. Second, with early voting you can vote at ANY polling place in your county (using Maryland as the example, there were 11 polling places in the large counties such as PG and Montgomery).

Second you have to know the persons name and address.
Do you know your neighbor's name and address? Hypothetically, if you know he wasn't going to vote or was out of town, you could pretend to be him if wanted to commit fraud...

Third that assumes they haven't already been there and voted.
Not if you get there first...

Why would someone ( especially an illegal immigrant who could be deported) risk jail time to steal one vote?
Good question, but people do it.

When you think about these things logically voter fraud makes no sense which is the reason it doesn't happen often.
Do you think its impossible for some organization to exploit the lack of ID requirement to do a large-scale voter fraud? Notice I didn't say such a thing is likely, only is it possible...

The system for voting has to be above reproach. The system needs to be foolproof. The registration process, the voting process, the validation process, the register of eligible voters...all of it needs to have specific ways to ensure it is accurate.

Republicans just want to scare you into believing it does.
Maybe, but Democrats want us to believe that some people are too stupid to obtain an ID, even when there are ways to get a state issued ID for FREE if needed.

Explain how, if voting is so important to people and if an ID is required, that it is so impossible for these people to get an ID? IMO I think there is more voter fraud than there are poor that don't have an ID.

Last edited: