Voting without ID

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I kinda agree with this, although I am unsure about voter fraud and how much is real and how much is ramped up.

I think a lot of depends on how much voting means to you and how organized you are. I know a lot of people in Baltimore city that just don't drive - they have bus transportation/cabs all over creation - I can imagine the same scenario in other large cities. So that's one form of identification that they may not possess. If you're not an organized person - it's easy to misplace a birth certificate and it can cost anywhere from $25.00 to $85.00 to replace. And if you need a divorce decree if the name is different from birth to marriage there's another $25.00 to $85.00. If you're older and let your license expire does it still count as an ID? How do you get to DMV if you're in a rural area and have no means of transportation other than family? Does your family like you enough to take the time out to take you to DMV? Do you still know where your social security card is - I sure as hell don't.

Maryland is ridiculous when it comes to drivers license renewal - are other states the same I wonder.

I'm not saying that showing an ID is a bad idea - I'm just saying you really got to care about voting and make sure your ducks are in a row as much as several months out sometimes.

If people aren't organized enough to keep important documents in a place where they can be accessed when needed, then that's on them. I'll be 60 years old in less than a year, and I've managed to carry mine from place to place for the last 42 years without losing them. My ducks are in a row when I need them. :shrug:

My developmentally disabled son has a state issued ID because he doesn't drive.

Goldenhawk

I personally think it's pretty simple logic: If you can't discover and take the simple steps required to get and retain an ID and present it at the voting place, you probably aren't qualified to make decisions about who should be leading us.

I guarantee you, if voter ID was the law, there would be just as much help for getting an ID as there currently is for registering to vote. Saying it's a burden is a strawman argument; the same could easily be said about registering to vote in the first place.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I personally think it's pretty simple logic: If you can't discover and take the simple steps required to get and retain an ID and present it at the voting place, you probably aren't qualified to make decisions about who should be leading us.

I guarantee you, if voter ID was the law, there would be just as much help for getting an ID as there currently is for registering to vote. Saying it's a burden is a strawman argument; the same could easily be said about registering to vote in the first place.

It doesn’t, really, matter about Vote ID. The powers that be that don’t like an outcome will find a way around it. I have the right to vote, and excercise it, every time. When I walked out of early voting last week, I wondered if my vote would count. That is the state of our beloved Country.

Sadly, I live in Montgomery County, now, because of fam. I felt like a fish out of the water. Gerrymandering, and all.

Last edited: