Voyager Probe is Poised to Plunge Into Intersellar Space!!!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Great! Now this is going to cause a tear in the space - time continuum and the resulting shocks of the anti-matter cascade will cause the Borg to enter the Alpha quadrant and assimilate us all. :ohwell:
I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is fultile. :nerd:
No, I wasn't injured in the light saber duel. TYVM!

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Too cool! The vastness of just our own solar system is amazing! And I don't recall hearing about the boundary, the bow wave, etc. before.

tomchamp

Cool Fact #10

Outta Here!

As of March 2002, Voyager 1 was 7.7 billion miles (12.4 billion kilometers) from the Sun. That's 84 times the distance from Earth to the Sun. It's the farthest (known) human thing, and it takes about 23 hours for a radio signal, moving at the speed of light, to make the round-trip. The craft adds more than 3 Earth-Sun distances to the separation every year as it continues to speed away.

If you calculate that out it's, well, fast.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
K_Jo said:
STOP saying things I don't understand! :tantrum
Now this will be easier to understand. When Voyager punctures the miniscus of the event horizon at the edge of our solar field, and distorts the fabric of the space-time continuum, the arrangement of the molecular balance, spatial relationships, and even defining moments in the future or the past might change!!! :yikes: Be afraid, K_Jo, be VERY afraid!!!!

dustin

UAIOE
tomchamp said:
Outta Here!

As of March 2002, Voyager 1 was 7.7 billion miles (12.4 billion kilometers) from the Sun. That's 84 times the distance from Earth to the Sun. It's the farthest (known) human thing, and it takes about 23 hours for a radio signal, moving at the speed of light, to make the round-trip. The craft adds more than 3 Earth-Sun distances to the separation every year as it continues to speed away.

If you calculate that out it's, well, fast.

Once it gets past the gas layer and into the solar winds its gonna be hauling azz.
:guitar:

What's kind of disturbing is that located on that spacecraft is Earth's "address". Nice thing for a planet enslaving alien race to know eh? :yay:

Otter

Nothing to see here
dustin said:
Once it gets past the gas layer and into the solar winds its gonna be hauling azz.

What's kind of disturbing is that located on that spacecraft is Earth's "address". Nice thing for a planet enslaving alien race to know eh? :yay:

Once they hear the Chuck Berry clip, they will change their mind.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
dustin said:

Damn Caller ID!