VP debate

22AcaciaAve

Lets see what you say next year when you have to pay your deferred payroll tax.

First of all, the deferred payroll tax has absolutely nothing to do with the tax cut passed at the end of 2018. That's what Biden and Harris have both said they will repeal on day 1. Second, yes I know that any increase in my net due to the deferred payroll tax will disappear once the year is over, and is subject to being paid back. Third, whether or not it is required to be paid back or it is simply waived depends upon congress who has the power to simply waive the payback. Let's say Biden wins, and both houses of the congress go democrat. What kind of impression do you think it will leave with the voters when they repeal the tax cuts and then make people pay back the deferral with less take home pay? They will be steamrolling toward a 1994 mid term wipe out within weeks of taking office. Good luck with that.

Crabcatcher79

First of all, the deferred payroll tax has absolutely nothing to do with the tax cut passed at the end of 2018. That's what Biden and Harris have both said they will repeal on day 1. Second, yes I know that any increase in my net due to the deferred payroll tax will disappear once the year is over, and is subject to being paid back. Third, whether or not it is required to be paid back or it is simply waived depends upon congress who has the power to simply waive the payback. Let's say Biden wins, and both houses of the congress go democrat. What kind of impression do you think it will leave with the voters when they repeal the tax cuts and then make people pay back the deferral with less take home pay? They will be steamrolling toward a 1994 mid term wipe out within weeks of taking office. Good luck with that.

Damn you are not bright.

Please educate yourself

22AcaciaAve

Damn you are not bright.

Please educate yourself

Damn you are not bright.

Please educate yourself

Maybe it's you that isn't too bright, or at least lacking in reading comprehension skills. I stated people should consider that Biden wants to repeal the Trump tax cuts on day 1 and that people should take a look at what their tax liability was prior to the cuts and what it was after the cuts. You stated the tax cuts "overwhelmingly" helped people making $200,000 and over. I stated that I don't make $200,000 but I had more in my paycheck after the tax cuts. Anyone can compare their tax liability from before the tax law, and after. It's not that hard. You just need to look at your paycheck from before the tax law, and your tax returns.

Then you said "Let's see what you say when you have to pay the deferred tax back." This has nothing to do with the tax law that Biden wants to repeal. Maybe you work for a stadium crew because you sure know how to move goalposts.

Now you're giving me some article from the tax policy center. Why the F*** do I care? I stated the tax cuts helped me and I am sure I am not alone. If Biden wants to repeal them, he better put something else in place that keeps my take home pay where it is, or he has effectively raised my taxes. He has said he will raise taxes on the top 1% in the country. Yet he has also said he will repeal the Trump tax cuts. Well if he repeals them he will raise taxes on more than just the top 1% in the country. And I don't give a crap what some talking head from the tax policy center has to say. I vote based on how someone's policies will affect me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe it's you that isn't too bright, or at least lacking in reading comprehension skills. I stated people should consider that Biden wants to repeal the Trump tax cuts on day 1 and that people should take a look at what their tax liability was prior to the cuts and what it was after the cuts. You stated the tax cuts "overwhelmingly" helped people making $200,000 and over. I stated that I don't make $200,000 but I had more in my paycheck after the tax cuts. Anyone can compare their tax liability from before the tax law, and after. It's not that hard. You just need to look at your paycheck from before the tax law, and your tax returns.

Then you said "Let's see what you say when you have to pay the deferred tax back." This has nothing to do with the tax law that Biden wants to repeal. Maybe you work for a stadium crew because you sure know how to move goalposts.

Now you're giving me some article from the tax policy center. Why the F*** do I care? I stated the tax cuts helped me and I am sure I am not alone. If Biden wants to repeal them, he better put something else in place that keeps my take home pay where it is, or he has effectively raised my taxes. He has said he will raise taxes on the top 1% in the country. Yet he has also said he will repeal the Trump tax cuts. Well if he repeals them he will raise taxes on more than just the top 1% in the country. And I don't give a crap what some talking head from the tax policy center has to say. I vote based on how someone's policies will affect me.

It's kind of amazing that you'd have to do a walkthrough like that. I admire your patience.

SamSpade

You would wrong, some us were smart enough to skip that

I immediately had more withheld - because while Trump has offered to waive that, I guarantee the Dems will keep it.
The only Democrat I've ever known to even promise a tax cut was Clinton, and he never kept that promise.
The best the others have offered is to NOT undo previous tax cuts.

SamSpade

I stated that I don't make $200,000 but I had more in my paycheck after the tax cuts. Anyone can compare their tax liability from before the tax law, and after. It's not that hard. You just need to look at your paycheck from before the tax law, and your tax returns.

Ditto. I think my paycheck rose about 100-150. Taxes came out about the same because of the changes in the tax code.
Obama on the other hand froze my pay for three years and only 1% for every year after until he left office - at a time when the national average pay increase was around 3% (BTW - except in single years of a recession - like 2009 - this is typical).

Before he graciously allowed for a 1% increase in 2014 - the proposal was 0.5%. Most of my fellow federal workers said they'd rather get nothing - again - than to accept such a paltry increase that only served some politician to say the freeze was lifted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When you think about all the garbage Congress wastes our tax bucks on, them not only taking away our tax cut but INCREASING our taxes takes some freaking nerve. The COVID bailouts to billionaires and their pet projects alone is infuriating.