W-t-h?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
No Terps tread?

The ECU Pyrates get PWNED by Fridge's kids and no love here? Da'Rel Scott 13 carries 200 yds with a 61 AND a 91 yd TD run. I love the fact that these kids totally rubbed it in the new AD's face by putting up 51 points today. Who in the hell would "fire" the ACC coach of the year who has the ACC rookie of the year @ qb?

Is Dn Snyder the AD at UMD now?:faint:

Oh, and MetroCast sux because you cannot watch ESPN3.com through them.

Pete

Repete
I watched it, it was a complete route. Much love for the departing coach. It is strange.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Great game! Scott was amazing...like lightning.

No time to post while preparing lasagna, garlic bread...serving that and fetching beers for the Otter. :biggrin:

kom526

Great game! Scott was amazing...like lightning.

No time to post while preparing lasagna, garlic bread...serving that and fetching beers for the Otter. :biggrin:

I have to fetch my own beers. But I usually pack a cooler before I hit the man cave.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Military Bowl. One of, what, 35 bowls this year?

On a Wednesday.

Afternoon.

Between a 6-7 team and a solid ACC team lead by the conference coach of the year which, at Maryland, gets you fired.

jsouthan

Fridge got fired, not for his coaching, but because he could no longer put butts in the seats, even in a year in which they were contending for the ACC title. It's all about the $$$.

Beta84

They're out to get us
No Terps tread?

The ECU Pyrates get PWNED by Fridge's kids and no love here? Da'Rel Scott 13 carries 200 yds with a 61 AND a 91 yd TD run. I love the fact that these kids totally rubbed it in the new AD's face by putting up 51 points today. Who in the hell would "fire" the ACC coach of the year who has the ACC rookie of the year @ qb?

Is Dn Snyder the AD at UMD now?:faint:

Oh, and MetroCast sux because you cannot watch ESPN3.com through them.
Yeah, apparently the Terps have a warped sense of reality. If they had fired him after last season's debacle, I could understand. But you don't fire the ACC coach of the year after a 9 win season. NOBODY fires someone for a season like that in college football, including the top programs in the country! It's moronic.

Maryland isn't a premier college football program, they haven't been for a really long time, and before Friedgen they were even worse. Maryland needs a reality check and I can't wait until they come crashing back to earth, which will probably start upon not getting a good coach.

Fridge got fired, not for his coaching, but because he could no longer put butts in the seats, even in a year in which they were contending for the ACC title. It's all about the $$$.
How was attendance before Friedgen took over? Probably pretty bad. I mean lets be honest, the program was abysmal for a good 15 years before he took over.

The team had a pretty bad year last season. It's understandable that nobody was terribly enthused for this season since most people figured it would be more of the same. Even when the Terps were winning games, people figured they were a crappy team getting lucky.

But 9 wins is 9 wins and the ACC title game was in reach. If that doesn't get the seats filled for next season, nothing short of Urban Meyer becoming their coach is going to fill the seats. All of you Terps fans who are claiming it was about money are blind, because getting a new coach can't add any more enthusiasm to the program than the 9 win season capped off by that bowl game yesterday.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Is this Friedgans doing?

Terrapins Insider - Maryland attendance and the television issue in ACC football

College football needs television to thrive. But college football programs need in-stadium fans to survive. And when a conference waits until six days prior to a game to announce its start time, that puts a lot of fans in a difficult situation. You’re either asking fans to make a late decision on buying tickets or you’re asking them to block out the whole day for the game in advance and wait and wait and wait until the start time is announced whenever conference and TV folks deem fit. A lot of fans I have heard from – and I thank everyone for the many emails following Saturday’s attendance story – feel that is too much to ask.

kom526

Mike Leach was "touring the campus" with Kevin "Dan Snyder wannabe" Anderson before and during the game. Dan Jenkins has a pretty good column in today's post about how "classy" that was.

To the best of my knowledge Fridge was never accused of locking a kid in a shed because of concussion complaints, nor was there ever any problems with the NCAA. I did love what Mike Leach had going on down at TT while he was still coaching, but ECU's head coach came from Leach's staff @ TT.

Another local team in a "rebuilding" year? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Mike Leach was "touring the campus" with Kevin "Dan Snyder wannabe" Anderson before and during the game. Dan Jenkins has a pretty good column in today's post about how "classy" that was.

To the best of my knowledge Fridge was never accused of locking a kid in a shed because of concussion complaints, nor was there ever any problems with the NCAA. I did love what Mike Leach had going on down at TT while he was still coaching, but ECU's head coach came from Leach's staff @ TT.

Another local team in a "rebuilding" year? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Maryland is not committed to being much, if any, better than what Fridge has done. We're just not a Va Tech or Penn State type school so, it's just silly to try and act like it, especially if the school is gonna be trying to act like a top notch program at one door while it unceremoniously boots the last guy out the other door.

kom526

Maryland is not committed to being much, if any, better than what Fridge has done. We're just not a Va Tech or Penn State type school so, it's just silly to try and act like it, especially if the school is gonna be trying to act like a top notch program at one door while it unceremoniously boots the last guy out the other door.

Debbie Yow is at NC State now.

She likes Ralph.

How good is that program?

Think Ralph could do it, coach an ACC rival?

Is Gary Williams safe?

Beta84

They're out to get us

Leach led a team that was typically 3rd to 5th place in the Big 12 South. The fact that he was a lead candidate for the job was always a joke. Everyone has made him out to be this masterful whiz coach when he had Texas talent and only had 1 season to brag about. At least his teams would have been interesting to watch since they'd all be shootouts.

Thank you! The guy wins ACC coach of the year, his team wins 9 games, and he gets FIRED? Seriously? I have heard all of the "good reasons" and they're not good enough to fire a coach that won 9 games. Shoulda fired him last year if they were gonna do it.

Debbie Yow is at NC State now.

She likes Ralph.

How good is that program?

Think Ralph could do it, coach an ACC rival?

Is Gary Williams safe?

Ralph was ####canned by his alma mater so I wouldn't blame him for coaching your arch enemies. But NC State's coach isn't on the hot seat.

As for Gary Williams, I don't see him being safe. He won the title back in '01 or something so that's old news. What has he done for them lately???? Now they're a middle of the road ACC squad, at best, every season. Time to fire him too!!!