Waco anniversary thread

BOP

ATF gets roasted on Waco anniversary

On the 26th anniversary of the Waco Siege, the ATF memorialized on their Facebook page four agents who were killed while raiding the Branch Davidian compound.

“This is not going to go like you think it’s gonna go,” one early commenter predicted. Indeed.

The post went viral, but the public didn’t quite remember the incident the same way as the government, nor were they quite as sympathetic towards the fallen agents as they were for the 82 men, women, and children who were burned alive in the ensuing stand-off over “suspected weapons charges,” widely considered the biggest debacle in ATF history.

This_person

Not to suggest the Branch Davidians were good people as a group, but I don't think the death penalty is appropriate for people not even accused of doing something worthy of the death penalty, let alone convicted.

Thank you, Pres Clinton and General Reno for showing us just how messed up government is. Screw you American people for not doing something about it.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I have a feeling the situation will play out the same way here.
82 men women and children died because the FBI and ATF decided to raid the place because the man they were after did not have a Federal Stamp for his machine gun.Going from memory the Government attacked these people with an armed army of agents who used tanks against these people and set fire to their compound. I believe this was right after they slaughtered people at Ruby Ridge.
Both killings came after charges of weapons violations.

We might remember these killings and the lengths the Government will go to if gun confiscation laws are ever passed.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Both killings came after charges of weapons violations.

If I recall correctly also - the justification USED for going in was child abuse, a charge not heard of before,
supported by any survivor or mentioned much at all in the aftermath.

Just as tragic is, they could have arrested Koresh at any time in the days before the attack when
he was freely walking about town in Waco.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When's the anniversary of Ruby Ridge?

It's kind of amazing that the progs would call Trump a fascist after Janet Reno's DoJ.

GregV814

I dont think it was ever brought to the front that many of the children burned alive were in fact african american....kind of odd that a remedy for alleged child abuse was to burn them alive....talk about victimization....wow...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I dont think it was ever brought to the front that many of the children burned alive were in fact african american....kind of odd that a remedy for alleged child abuse was to burn them alive....talk about victimization....wow...

Democrats aren't known for their subtlety.

This_person

The government at the time explained the Davidians burned themselves alive.

Evidence since has proven that to be a blatant lie, but they stick to the lie.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If I recall correctly also - the justification USED for going in was child abuse, a charge not heard of before,

Nope the ATF lead the RAID ... Weapons Charges Illegal Machine Guns etc

Child Abuse was added later ... there were accusations of Illegal Drugs as well, so they could get a helicopter for the raid IIRC

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My mom was dating a guy around that time whose brother was the spitting image of David Koresh. Made Thanksgiving dinner very awkward. 😬