Wahoo! Another story about the media's garbage reporting!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...7,0,5492806,full.story?coll=la-home-headlines

The wild rumors filled the vacuum and seemed to gain credence with each retelling — that an infant's body had been found in a trash can, that sharks from Lake Pontchartrain were swimming through the business district, that hundreds of bodies had been stacked in the Superdome basement.

"It doesn't take anything to start a rumor around here," Louisiana National Guard 2nd Lt. Lance Cagnolatti said at the height of the Superdome relief effort. "There's 20,000 people in here. Think when you were in high school. You whisper something in someone's ear. By the end of the day, everyone in school knows the rumor — and the rumor isn't the same thing it was when you started it."

Follow-up reporting has discredited reports of a 7-year-old being raped and murdered at the Superdome, roving bands of armed gang members attacking the helpless, and dozens of bodies being shoved into a freezer at the Convention Center.

B

Bruzilla

It's about time someone took those pinheads to task! We need to change "Freedom of the press" to "the press is free to report news, not make news."

B

Bruzilla

cattitude said:
talk about garbage..you looked at some of the other threads around here lately :whistle:

I promise to clean up my act if I get the $500,000 or so that Shepard Smith gets.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Now tell me, it is appropriate for the spokesperson for the Governor of Louisiana to say that Michael Chertoff and Michael Brown should have relied on CNN and MSM to learn what was happening? Didn't one or twelve of the Congressmen and newscasters imply the same thing yesterday?