Waldorf Dodge

granny45

I just bought a new vehicle from there and was wondering how the service department is. I've read a couple of reviews and it wasn't very good. Should I use their service department or go somewhere else for servicing my vehicle?

JimW711

Driving the Z
I just bought a new vehicle from there and was wondering how the service department is. I've read a couple of reviews and it wasn't very good. Should I use their service department or go somewhere else for servicing my vehicle?

Well, you don't have too many choices. Because the car is built by Chrysler, you can take it to the Chrysler/Jeep dealer in Waldorf, but when it comes to "warranty" work they'll work on their customer's cars before they work on yours. Out of pocket work like oil changes are a different story. Your other 2 choices will be Park Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in Lexington Park, or Sheehy Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in Upper Marlboro.

I worked at Sheehy in sales for 2 years and left there in May of 2007. IMHO, take it to Waldorf.
:coffee:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

Waldorf and Lexington Park Dodge isn't that good. You can take it to Ralph's Dodge in Prince Frederick.

JimW711

Driving the Z
Waldorf and Lexington Park Dodge isn't that good. You can take it to Ralph's Dodge in Prince Frederick.

I forgot about that location, but it's really not Ralph's anymore as the people that "own" Waldorf Ford & Dodge now own that dealership as well as the Ford dealership in Prince Frederick.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I forgot about that location, but it's really not Ralph's anymore as the people that "own" Waldorf Ford & Dodge now own that dealership as well as the Ford dealership in Prince Frederick.

Oh CRAP!

So, does that mean the Ralph's Dodge's service will be as bad as the ones in Waldorf and Lexington Park?

I liked Ralph and he was very good business man. Why did he leave?

JimW711

Driving the Z
Oh CRAP!

So, does that mean the Ralph's Dodge's service will be as bad as the ones in Waldorf and Lexington Park?

I liked Ralph and he was very good business man. Why did he leave?

It's the nature of the business. Kind of like what happened with Bell Motors in Leonardtown being purchased by the Winegarner group. Winegarner had also purchased Walker Pontiac/GMC in Bowie and shut them down about a year ago.

In August of 2000 the DARCARS group purchased County Chrysler/Jeep in Upper Marlboro. The previous owner was kept on as General Manager until December of 2002 when he retired. They brought in one of their own and over the next few years he ran the dealership into the ground. They ended up selling the franchise to Sheehy across the street.

IHDU

Does it really matter?
Well, you don't have too many choices. Because the car is built by Chrysler, you can take it to the Chrysler/Jeep dealer in Waldorf, but when it comes to "warranty" work they'll work on their customer's cars before they work on yours. Out of pocket work like oil changes are a different story. Your other 2 choices will be Park Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in Lexington Park, or Sheehy Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in Upper Marlboro.

I worked at Sheehy in sales for 2 years and left there in May of 2007. IMHO, take it to Waldorf.

Thats bullSY*T.

All you have to do is simply make the appointment for service at any dodge facility, it has nothing to do with where you bought it. Your talking otta your azz.:coffee::

W

WildCherry

StrawberryGal I love you to pieces, but I have to disagree. Park Dodge has never done me wrong. I bought the car in Waldorf and service it there in there in the park. I don't have any complaints about Park Dodge. :shrug:

You can take it to any Dodge/ Chrysler or Jeep dealer that you want for warranty work and/or for regular maintenance work. if you do not want to use the dealership for oil changes make sure you take it to a shop that uses factory reccomended specs or your warranty may be void. Waldorf really isn't that bad it just depends where you live and what dealership is closest to you or your work.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
StrawberryGal I love you to pieces, but I have to disagree. Park Dodge has never done me wrong. I bought the car in Waldorf and service it there in there in the park. I don't have any complaints about Park Dodge. :shrug:

I bought my Neon from Waldorf and took it to Park Dodge. They tried to ripped me off to pay $500 for a spark plugs. I called my Dad as they wouldn't let me leave without paying the bill, so as soon as my Dad came in, the guys said "Oh Sh..!" They removed the $500 charge and I never went back. They were trying to ripped me off because I'm deaf and a 20 years old woman at the time.

I don't trust the Park Dodge....

mingiz

Horse Poor
I had a 97 Dodge truck that was blowing oil out the tailpipe under a load towing. Took it to Park Dodge and they tried to say that the loss of oil was within specs. I was like BS..So I called the company and told them what they were trying to do. The next day I had a call from the service manager to bring it in. It was a seal that was leaking and they knew it. So be very carefull. Waldorf wasn't any better when I bought the truck from them. It had a vibration in it and they tried to tell me it was the after market bug shields causing it. I was like BS you sell the same after market items.. They finally checked it out after I took it in and they said they couldn't find it after waiting 2 hrs, and I started home and I got pissed and went back and I threw the keys on the counter and said shove this truck up your azz and keep it. I hadn't made the first payment on it. So come to find out it was the drive shaft it was out of balance. After those 2 sessions with Dodge I haven't had anymore problems with the truck and it has 185K on it. Of course I haven't bought another Dodge either...