#walkaway

SamSpade

Up to 66,545 members now.

Their testimonials remind me of an AA meeting where people get up and share their story - what led them to alcoholism and what happened to make them finally want to get sober.

Is Walkaway strictly a Facebook group? I thought it was conceptual, as in a movement.
Kind of like saying some movie star only has as many fans as people who like their page.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is Walkaway strictly a Facebook group? I thought it was conceptual, as in a movement.
Kind of like saying some movie star only has as many fans as people who like their page.

It's all over Twitter and other social media, but the only one I'm following is the one on Facebook.

68,575 members now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'm excited to see Democrats #walkaway but I don't think the Republican Party should be rewarded for it. They don't deserve it, and Republicans should #walkaway, too. I also don't think liberals are suddenly becoming conservative; it's more that they're fed up with the ugly rhetoric and violence on the Left and no longer want to be associated with it. According to the testimonials I've read, they are largely Trump fans and feel that the traditional political system has let them down. That the Parties are more interested in power and personal gain than governing for the citizens of the United States.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I make it my business to tell everyone who will listen to me that you don't have to belong to a political party.

I have been surprised at the number of people that are not even aware of the "unaffiliated" choice when registering.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm excited to see Democrats #walkaway but I don't think the Republican Party should be rewarded for it. They don't deserve it, and Republicans should #walkaway, too..

Exactly...and many of us have done exactly that.

I gave up on the GOP clown show after the 2012 election. Funny thing...I still to this day get phone calls from various GOP orgs asking for money ; getting your name off their lists is apparently impossible.

Hijinx

Exactly...and many of us have done exactly that.

I gave up on the GOP clown show after the 2012 election. Funny thing...I still to this day get phone calls from various GOP orgs asking for money ; getting your name off their lists is apparently impossible.

I get them too and you are right. Getting off the list is almost impossible.

About as impossible as any donation they will get from me when they do not help the President i voted for.

Wow.

I didn't even know this existed until a friend invited me to this FB group. Basically it's (now former) Democrats walking away from the party. I have a number of personal friends who are leaving their lifelong Democrat enclave, but I had no idea it was a real movement.

Mostly black people, Hispanics, gays, trans, women, and other traditional members of the Dem voting bloc. Their stories/testimonials are quite moving and courageous. One gay man said that admitting he was no longer a Democrat was harder than coming out as gay - said that he was attacked by close friends for leaving the Party, called names and threatened.

A few of them are going over to the Republicans, but most seem to be content as unaffiliated. I make it my business to tell everyone who will listen to me that you don't have to belong to a political party.

I'm really excited about this. :yay: Not so much that they are leaving the Democrat Party, but that they see through the bull#### we're fed on a daily basis and are rejecting the media brainwashing. I had always hoped to see this day, but never really thought it would happen.

It’s not a real movement. It’s a bunch of phony troll accounts on Twitter. Probably Russian in origin.

You guys will fall for anything, I swear...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It’s not a real movement. It’s a bunch of phony troll accounts on Twitter. Probably Russian in origin.

You guys will fall for anything, I swear...

Actually if thats true... It's your brethren falling for it since it's purpose is to draw Democrats.

YW.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What part of “fake troll accounts” did you not comprehend?

Except for the part where I personally know a few of them, and they personally know others, etc etc. On my friend's FB wall alone - and this is a guy I know personally, have known him for years, and in fact he used to be my brother-in-law - he's getting takers like crazy from *his* personal friends. So while there are certainly some fake accounts on there, I don't believe it's the majority.

But again, you can believe whatever makes you feel good.

Except for the part where I personally know a few of them, and they personally know others, etc etc. On my friend's FB wall alone - and this is a guy I know personally, have known him for years, and in fact he used to be my brother-in-law - he's getting takers like crazy from *his* personal friends. So while there are certainly some fake accounts on there, I don't believe it's the majority.

But again, you can believe whatever makes you feel good.
Suuuuuure.....