Walz gets big favorability boost after debate. Vance still negative

StmarysCity79

According to the poll, the Minnesota governor saw a 23-point boost in his favorability ratings, going up from +14 to +37. Meanwhile, Vance saw a 19-point boost in his favorability ratings, going up from -22 to -3.

The poll also found that debate viewers believe Walz is more in touch with their needs and concerns than Vance, with 48 percent expressing this view compared to 35 percent for Vance. Additionally, 48 percent of respondents felt Walz better aligns with their vision for America, while 39 percent said the same about Vance. Another 8 percent felt both candidates shared their vision, and 5 percent said neither did.

Meanwhile, Walz lost out to Vance when it came to whom viewers thought defended their running mate better, with 37 percent choosing the Ohio senator, compared to 33 percent who chose the Minnesota governor. Twenty-seven percent said that each candidate did an equally good job, while 3 percent said that neither did.

dave20

What I got out of this debate was the scorched earth approach was absent. Yes, they sparred a bit but remained civilized throughout the process. The moderators still engaged in a little fact checking but it was not as bad as I expected. In my opinion J.D. Vance came out on top.
To each his own.