Want to sound more confident?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ditch these 10 phrases that make you look ‘insecure’ and ‘arrogant,’ say word experts

1. “I don’t mean to brag, but …”​

You don’t mean to brag? Then don’t. People who set up a statement with this phrase automatically signal that they are about to, yes, brag, which turns listeners off.
Plus, since bragging is one of the hallmarks of narcissistic behavior, you’re not coming off as confident, but just full of yourself.

2. “I already knew that ...” (or “Doesn’t everyone know that?”)​

The scenario: A coworker explains something to you, and you reply: “Of course. I already knew that.”
You might think this response makes you sound knowledgeable, but it actually sounds dismissive and arrogant. A simple “thanks” or “yes” is a better way to respond to someone’s explanation.

CPUSA

Ditch these 10 phrases that make you look ‘insecure’ and ‘arrogant,’ say word experts

1. “I don’t mean to brag, but …”​

You don’t mean to brag? Then don’t. People who set up a statement with this phrase automatically signal that they are about to, yes, brag, which turns listeners off.
Plus, since bragging is one of the hallmarks of narcissistic behavior, you’re not coming off as confident, but just full of yourself.

2. “I already knew that ...” (or “Doesn’t everyone know that?”)​

The scenario: A coworker explains something to you, and you reply: “Of course. I already knew that.”
You might think this response makes you sound knowledgeable, but it actually sounds dismissive and arrogant. A simple “thanks” or “yes” is a better way to respond to someone’s explanation.
So besides these 2...how many more does HH use?

Oh, that's right!! He/She/It doesn't say "I don't mean to Brag..." It just brags...then it turns out to be BS...