Wanted: MS eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 Install

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm wondering if anyone has a MS eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 installation disk they'd be willing to part with. I have some old CE 4.x code that I want to review, and the installation disk is nowhere to be found. Plus, the development PC it was installed on is long gone.

I see websites where I can download it, but I am extremely leery of any rando website.

Reactions: BOP

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I'm wondering if anyone has a MS eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 installation disk they'd be willing to part with. I have some old CE 4.x code that I want to review, and the installation disk is nowhere to be found. Plus, the development PC it was installed on is long gone.

I see websites where I can download it, but I am extremely leery of any rando website.
I'll look tonight when I get home but guessing I tossed that away long ago.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

what time frame

I have a boat load of old MSDN CD's DVD's

have you checked the Internet Archive

stgislander

PREMO Member
what time frame

I have a boat load of old MSDN CD's DVD's

have you checked the Internet Archive
Time frame would be 2005-2008.

Internet Archive... Microsoft?

I've never dealt with the MSDN. Now that you mention it, the programmer that used to work here during that timeframe had a subscription to the MSDN. The CD's/DVD's may still be around here somewhere.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Time frame would be 2005-2008.

Internet Archive... Microsoft?

I've never dealt with the MSDN. Now that you mention it, the programmer that used to work here during that timeframe had a subscription to the MSDN. The CD's/DVD's may still be around here somewhere.
I found the MSDN. Two hard cases, two soft cases, and a cardboard mailer or two's worth.

I should have had a dust mask on when digging them out. :lmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well I would trust IA to have genuine non fuked with images ..... If there was a picture of the ISO, I could go check my discs
So if I remember correctly, I just download the ISO image and burn it to a CD/DVD?