Warning about microwaving eggs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Last night I went to microwave two "fried" eggs to have with my rice for dinner. I forgot to poke the yolks.

When I pulled the dish out of the microwave, the yolks went BANG!! and literally exploded all over the kitchen. It sounded like gunshot. Bits of egg were on the ceiling, on the cabinets, all over the floor, all over me....the force of it was amazing.

From now on I'll remember to poke the yolks before I microwave eggs.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
One time I guess I didn't poke holes deep enough in my spaghetti squash and I was microwaving it....MF-er exploded so forcefully it threw the door to the microwave open...my face was inches away as I was sauteeing something on the stove underneath. Spaghetti squash bits were everywhere, but especially all in my hair...my 10 yo stepson screached so loud (ok I did too) :cds:

I'd just thoroughly scrubbed the microwave the day before too :banghead:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
One time I guess I didn't poke holes deep enough in my spaghetti squash and I was microwaving it....MF-er exploded so forcefully it threw the door to the microwave open...my face was inches away as I was sauteeing something on the stove underneath. Spaghetti squash bits were everywhere, but especially all in my hair...my 10 yo stepson screached so loud (ok I did too) :cds:

I'd just thoroughly scrubbed the microwave the day before too :banghead:

:killingme Sorry! :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao:

black dog

Free America
While running irrigation installation crews I showed up just after lunch with one crew that had a few Fresh off the Puebla Farm laborers with them. They told one of them to get lunch ready and said they showed him how to use the microwave the day before. These are trucks with utility bodys on the back that you can walk around in. He put about a dozen eggs in the micro to cook them.
The crew told me when the microwave door blew open it sounded like a pistola going off.
Like Vrai, there was small very hard chunks of egg all over the inside of that truck body. Its smelled of eggs for a few weeks after that.

PeoplesElbow

I've always thought the microwave made superior scrambled eggs, I never would have thought to make a fried egg in it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Last night I went to microwave two "fried" eggs to have with my rice for dinner. I forgot to poke the yolks.

When I pulled the dish out of the microwave, the yolks went BANG!! and literally exploded all over the kitchen. It sounded like gunshot. Bits of egg were on the ceiling, on the cabinets, all over the floor, all over me....the force of it was amazing.

From now on I'll remember to poke the yolks before I microwave eggs.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: