warning......Roofs

Robin

Keep an eye on your shed row/ flat roofs.

The weight of this snow can be too much weight for them.

I have a 45ft section I will be out there trying to shovel off.

fun fun fun

mingiz

Horse Poor
The temps here are warm enough that the snow has slid off my barn. We have a rain/sleet mix right now..

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I'm more worried about trees falling on my mini barns while the minis are in them. Had one locust tree miss by inches a few storms ago.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Over 6 hours and 200' of shed roof. The best part we jumping off into the huge mounds below. Boy was doing front and back flips...we had a ball!!! but we are beat

Attachments

• pic barn roof 2010.jpg
    pic barn roof 2010.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 157

highnote

I have a metal A-frame roof on my barn... right now the snow just slides right off (no shoveling required). But I want to add gutters in the spring... which in my mind will prevent the snow from just "sliding" off like it does now with no gutters (in percy's photo it looks like that's where the snow is getting stuck at and piling up). Would it be better to just leave without gutters? Seems like a lose/lose.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I have a metal A-frame roof on my barn... right now the snow just slides right off (no shoveling required). But I want to add gutters in the spring... which in my mind will prevent the snow from just "sliding" off like it does now with no gutters (in percy's photo it looks like that's where the snow is getting stuck at and piling up). Would it be better to just leave without gutters? Seems like a lose/lose.

Had gutters in my barn untill the snow slid off and took the gutter with it... I have a tin roof with a good pitch to it...So I deal with a mess until things dry up...

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Gutters are horrible without the snow pegs to hold heavy snow up to melt and not slide...that is what kills your gutters!

But those pegs make cleaning your roof in really heavy snows harder.

I do not have them but I have wanted them for some time. Yesterdays job would of been much harder if the barn had them.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Gutters are horrible without the snow pegs to hold heavy snow up to melt and not slide...that is what kills your gutters!

But those pegs make cleaning your roof in really heavy snows harder.

I do not have them but I have wanted them for some time. Yesterdays job would of been much harder if the barn had them.

One of my sheds bit the dust. We removed the snow off of the barn.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
R.I.P.....Quiet Valley hay barn (only the round bales holding the roof off the ground) and 2 run ins. :frown:

Anyone else see the HUGE furniture storage facility that bit the dust on rt 235 in California??

Or the snow people in the median? They were cute.