Warren Says the Rich Must Pay Her 'Wealth Tax' Because They've Benefitted from Public Schools and Infrastructure

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Warren said her two-percent wealth tax on every family's "accumulated assets" above $50 million would lead to "structural change" in America.

"I'm not doing this because I'm cranky with rich people. Some bazillionaires say, 'you know, look, I worked hard. I worked hard.' You really do want to say, 'unlike anybody else?' 'I had a great idea. I stayed up late at night. I made this happen.' And I say, 'good for you.' But here's the deal. If you built a great fortune in America, I guarantee you built it at least in part using workers all of us helped pay to educate," Warren said during a campaign event in Iowa on Friday.

"You built it at least in part getting your goods to market on roads and bridges all of us helped pay to build. And you built it at least in part protected by police and firefighters -- all of us helped pay their salaries, yeah. And all we're saying is if you make it big, not just big, really big, really big, the top one tenth of one percent big -- pitch in two cents so everybody else gets a chance to make it in this country, that's it," she added.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/warren...itted-from-public-schools-and-infrastructure/

Hijinx

"I'm not doing this because I'm cranky with rich people. Some bazillionaires say, 'you know, look, I worked hard. I worked hard.' You really do want to say, 'unlike anybody else?' 'I had a great idea. I stayed up late at night. I made this happen.' And I say, 'good for you.' But here's the deal. If you built a great fortune in America, I guarantee you built it at least in part using workers all of us helped pay to educate," Warren said during a campaign event in Iowa on Friday.

"You built it at least in part getting your goods to market on roads and bridges all of us helped pay to build. And you built it at least in part protected by police and firefighters -- all of us helped pay their salaries, yeah. And all we're saying is if you make it big, not just big, really big, really big, the top one tenth of one percent big -- pitch in two cents so everybody else gets a chance to make it in this country, that's it," she added.

Yes, she is right. And they already pay taxes to pay for that infrastructure, why should they pay more just because Elizabeth Warren thinks they should.
As soon as the Democrats open their mouths Raise the taxes are the first words out of it.

transporter

Just to point out the stunningly obvious to the completely oblivious:

"Tariff Man's" tariffs are taxes paid by Americans...

...yet you two members of the cult just don't care.

BOP

Just to point out the stunningly obvious to the completely oblivious:

I pay zero taxes, living off the public largess, in my mom's basement...

...yet you two members of the cult just don't care.
Oh, trust me, sugar-booger, we care, and your time's coming.

GregV814

well, just like the magic mulatto said, you didnt build that....he built the democratic party Lizzie....