Warren UNIVERSAL Child Care Coverage

You guys are saying poor people shouldn’t have children. This flawed way of thinking is disturbing. The ability to start a family shouldn’t depend on one’s socioeconomic status.
I agree with you that people on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum have a right to have children, but in doing so they assume the responsibility of sheltering, clothing, feeding and educating those children. It just means the parents have to get creative to make a buck stretch. The kids will make due with hand-me-downs, breakfast and lunch via the public school, etc. and reliability on the libraries for internet access, etc. The parents do without extras too. One basic "pay to talk" cellphone covers the families communication needs. No one gets manis, pedis, Brazilian blowouts, etc. It can and is done by poor people all the time.

Where the problem comes in is when those without expendable income assume others are responsible for ensuring their kids get what they need while the parents spend what they have on what they want.

glhs837

Power with Control
You guys are saying poor people shouldn’t have children. This flawed way of thinking is disturbing. The ability to start a family shouldn’t depend on one’s socioeconomic status.

So, a homeless couple should have kids? Below a certain point, you are not doing the children any favor by bringing them into a life where they cannot be properly cared for.

So, a homeless couple should have kids? Below a certain point, you are not doing the children any favor by bringing them into a life where they cannot be properly cared for.
If the basic needs of a child can't be met, we already have laws where the parents lose custody. That being said, there are some homeless families that still find a way to provide the basics and the kids continue to attend school allowing the family to stay intact.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
The right opposes abortion
I suspect that a more accurate statement would be that most people oppose abortion as a form of birth control. Of course, as always, there are fringe thinkers on both ends of the lunacy spectrum.

glhs837

Power with Control
If the basic needs of a child can't be met, we already have laws where the parents lose custody. That being said, there are some homeless families that still find a way to provide the basics and the kids continue to attend school allowing the family to stay intact.

Right, but would you agree that getting pregnant while homeless is a Bad Thing to be avoided?