Warren UNIVERSAL Child Care Coverage

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The broad strokes of the plan-- which would cover 12 million children-- would mean no family would have to spend more than seven percent of its total household income, according to The Huffington Post, which first reported on the announcement. The report said the number is based off a Department of Health and Human Services figure on what qualifies as affordable child care.

The plan is still being worked on, but sources told the news outlet that they expect it to cost about $700 billion in new funding over 10 years, or four times what the federal government pays on these programs.

Clem72

Would really depend on the details, but the way I see it poor people already get free childcare and pre-school, where the rest of the community pays like $5k-$10k per child per year. Poor people also have more children in the US (it's a fact, google sensus statistics by income, the higher the income the lower the number of dependants).

So this would just be slightly leveling the playing field for those of middle income (limiting childcare to 7% of income).

Salmon

The right opposes abortion. They just don’t want to pay the rising costs associated of additional bodies in the household.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What is her plan to get methed out dirtbag "parents" to take their child in for medical care?

REMINDER:

That kid in DC who "died of a toothache"? That was bullshit. His crack whore mother was within walking distance to a free clinic and she couldn't get off her worthless ass to take him. Instead she let him suffer until he died of infection.

That story was used to push Obamacare and it was a complete lie.

This_person

The right opposes abortion. They just don’t want to pay the rising costs associated of additional bodies in the household.
The left would rather kill people than live with the consequences of their actions.

Not sure why you would think additional bodies in someone's household is someone else's responsibility, but they are not.

Salmon

Yes, I think society does bear some responsibility for helping offset the insane cost of having a kid. Do you suggest lower income families refrain from reproduction?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Another band-aid solution that is caused by the problem that is inflation caused by the Federal Reserve System. aka Kicking the can down the road.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes NO Raising YOUR Child is YOUR Responsibility otherwise Society has a say in how that child is raised.

Margret Sanger had the right Idea ...

This_person

Yes, I think society does bear some responsibility for helping offset the insane cost of having a kid. Do you suggest lower income families refrain from reproduction?
Reproduction they cannot afford? Absolutely. Yes.

If they can't afford a 2500 sq ft home, I suggest they live in 1000 sq ft. If they can't afford a Lincoln, I suggest they drive a Fiesta. If they can't afford a third kid, I suggest they not have a third kid.

Since they are part of society, they are part of bearing the responsibility for funding children - THEIR children are who they are responsible for. MY kids are who I am responsible for. Just like my house and my car.

Toxick

Splat

Well, from what I hear from Pro-Choice people is that they also oppose abortion. They just think it should be legal.

So, am I to understand that you like the idea of turning children into liverwurst? Or are you saying everyone on the left is full of horse-crap?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

The problem with the government stepping in is that they enable people to have more kids than they can financially support.

Exhibit #1 Angel Adams Brown - has enough kids to man a football team, a basketball team and has a kid left over.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

How did people manage that for the past few centuries? Just the unintended consequences of LBJ's great society.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Hijinx

Yes

I refrained when I couldn't afford any more than the two I have. Why shouldn't the lower income people use the same common sense.?