Was I better off without it

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Now that I'm not running the roads any long, I started getting plugged in to the local community. Early June, I go to the local VA to get a handle on my annoying arthritis. Of course when you go in the clinic you get your temperature taken. Then there is the 87 question survey. Then they ask if you've been vaxxed. I had a planned family function coming up, so when they offered me the shot, I took it. I did the 1 timer because it was just easier to get it over with. I get the shot. I now have my vaxx card. No post shot issues. Life is good.

When I get back I go about my typical boring life. Last week I got 1 of those throat tickles. I've had them before. It was the same thing I had 2 years ago when I coughed so hard I got a hernia. But this 1 isn't that bad. I went deep sea fishing Thursday and coughed a few times. But nothing to concern the people around me. Plus, I've been vaccinated. Friday night it got worse. I took some airborne for an immune system boost. Saturday & Sunday was the same pattern. A few coughs during the day with increased cough once I went to bed.

Yesterday I went to the urgent care to get something to help fight this. They listen to my lungs and I get my nose swab. They tell me to sit tight. 4 minutes later they tell me I'm positive for covid. I get a packet of what to do in case it gets worse. They order me some antibiotics that I go and pick up. Other than the cough, I feel fine. No aches and no temperature.

So after running around the country for a year and a half unvaccinated, I finally get the shot and get sick. I thought the whole premise of the vaccine was so you wouldn't get the virus. But what happened to me isn't uncommon. It seems lots of vaccinated people are getting the virus. Perhaps getting the vaccine makes your symptoms milder if you do get the rona.

Now I get to hang out at home for a few days. If I croak over, Misfit can have my boat.

rio

I'm sure you'd be dead by now if you hadn't been vaxxed.:duh:

Seriously, though, sucks that you're sick, but glad it's nothing worse!

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I had Covid-19 in March of 2020 and my main symptom was respiratory distress, particularly when lying down. I would liken it to sleeping with a sand bag on my chest. I took Mucinex for the chest congestion and also used a rescue inhaler for about 3-4 weeks. It was pretty bad but I got over it.

Absent those symptoms, If the vaccination can produce a false positive I'd say you just have a cold.

Just a thought though. Has high humidity ever had an adverse affect on your lungs?

Hang in there, I think you'll make it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So how contagious is the rona really? One would think I'd get it, since Monello and I live together and I am neither vaxed nor do I mask up. I mean, if I can catch it by being in the same grocery store or at the same park with an infected person, surely I'd catch it from the guy I sleep next to, right?

Or do I have it and just don't know because it's really not all that?

Or perhaps my superhuman immune system, built through decades of smoking and drinking, is like Conor McGregor and is all like, "C'mon, ye bastad, I'll fook you up!"?

🤔

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Or do I have it and just don't know because it's really not all that?

Or perhaps my superhuman immune system, built through decades of smoking and drinking, is like Conor McGregor and is all like, "C'mon, ye bastad, I'll fook you up!"?
Different people have different immunity levels and resistances. You may be one of those people who have a high resistance to this virus.

I'd be really interested if you had a virus check and antibody test, say... two weeks from when Monello had his first symptoms.

TPD

the poor dad
So the question is: does he really have the rona or is it just the same respiratory issue he's been prone to in the past, pre-covid?

The world may never know....

rio

I used to have a great doctor who would tell me "Yes, I can give you an antibiotic and you should feel better in 1-2 weeks, or you can let your body do it's thing and feel better in 7-14 days".
In a lot of cases antibiotics are only helpful because people have been made to believe they need them.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I used to have a great doctor who would tell me "Yes, I can give you an antibiotic and you should feel better in 1-2 weeks, or you can let your body do it's thing and feel better in 7-14 days".
In a lot of cases antibiotics are only helpful because people have been made to believe they need them.
There are also instances for a bacterial infection as well as the virus.

PJay

Louise

I hope you will be ok and feel better soon after getting tattooed. Did Vrai get the vax, too? I will never get the vax. I stopped getting the flu vax that they never got right in 2004. Haven’t been sick since. Unless it is counted that some here think my posts are sick. :lol: