Was Sola Scriptura True During the Apostolic Age?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
What dummy even asked that question?

“Was sola Scriptura true during the Apostolic age?” That is, during the time of the New Testament, did those Christians believers rely on the Bible alone for their doctrines?"

In the time of the Apostles, the Bible wasn't complied yet. :duh: The OT Scriptures (the 39 inspired letters) were considered authoritative. Eventually the NT 27 books would become authoritative.

Jesus, Paul, Peter and others confirmed that: Acts 17 v 11, Acts 18 v 28, 1 Corinthians 4 v 6, 2 Timothy 3v16, 2 Peter 1 v 20...

Last edited:

StoneThrower

Who's Hiram?

I think that’s the bigger question. I’ve been a protestant my whole life, I know Jesus Christ, I know Paul and I know James White, but who is Hiram?

This article makes the assumption someone would know, and that his opinion counts for something. I Googled him and still couldn’t find out who he is.

As to the point of the article, pretty pathetic. James White is a very smart man, the author is in way over his head taking him on, and doing it very poorly I might add.

Perhaps the author might want to try writing in the forums, where his strawman arguments would go unnoticed? Oh wait, it wasn’t even good enough for here. Better yet he could read his Bible, and maybe, just maybe have an epiphany like Luther.