was that a tornado in St. Leonard lastnight?

Theodore

I drove around last night where i could still get through and seen many trees down and debris everywhere. trees on houses, across streets and down on power lines. my yard looks like it does after a hurricane. has there been any word on what it was?

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Took the senic way through the community to get home. Lucky we did not have any trees or damage. Seen trees down on wires and one between two homes with some roof damage to one of the houses.

Theodore

Glad you didnt have any damage. it looks like we are not out of the woods yet with weather. supposed to have storms tonight as well.

Took the senic way through the community to get home. Lucky we did not have any trees or damage. Seen trees down on wires and one between two homes with some roof damage to one of the houses.

mamatutu

mama to two
I would believe it was. We had limbs down, leaves every where and it even blew the wooden crab sign with our name on it that daughter bought for us in OC years ago off the back deck wall and he broke into 2 pieces. It has never been blown of the wall before. Storm came out of nowhere. It was sort of funny. We are on the CC alert list. CC called to warn of the storm after it started, and then called to say alert was over way after it had stopped. I guess we were all caught by surprise. :lol:

Chris0nllyn

I know there was one in Wayson's Corner, but I don't think anyone has confirmed in St. Leonard. A few friends of mine had limb/tree damage up there as well.

Theodore

Well I just wrote Doug Kemmerer an email asking him to explain himself about last night's storm! lol Doug is the chief meterologist on channel 804 NBC news. I told him that i would love to hear him address it on tonights broadcast.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Well I just wrote Doug Kemmerer an email asking him to explain himself about last night's storm! lol Doug is the chief meterologist on channel 804 NBC news. I told him that i would love to hear him address it on tonights broadcast.

really?
I have never heard of him.

RPMDAD

I thought something strange was going to happen last night. I was reading the forums, and people down in St. Mary's were talking about a storm hitting them south to north. At the same time i looked out the window and saw a storm heading north to south. I live in huntingtown and the storm was coming at us from dunkirk. I remember thinking i would not want to be where those 2 storms met up.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Doug was not on the air today.
Must have taken the day off, hanging out with Jim Vance.

VJ was doing the weather.
I always chuckle when they call her VJ.

Theodore

Yea I noticed that too... lol I'm glad all we got was rain last night. I feel bad for the homes that were damaged the night before and the rain was getting in.

Doug was not on the air today.
Must have taken the day off, hanging out with Jim Vance.

VJ was doing the weather.
I always chuckle when they call her VJ.

mamatutu

mama to two
"Following severe thunderstorms the week of July 14 that left damage in their wake, the Calvert County Board of County Commissioners, through the Department of Public Works, announces that residents may dispose of tree/green debris for free at the Appeal Landfill now through Sunday, Aug. 3 during regular landfill hours.

The county will also perform roadside collection and removal of residential tree/green debris from county road rights-of way now through Aug. 3. Roadside collection will only be available to residents in the hardest hit area in St. Leonard from Governor Run Road south to Flag Ponds Parkway between Route 2-4 and the Chesapeake Bay."

More: http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/viewstory/story_ID/38134

OldHillcrestGuy

On the 11 o'clock news which ever station I was watching said something about a funnel cloud in the Morganza Turner Rd. area and another area somewhere in SoMd but I cant remember where. They didnt say whether it was reported to have touched down.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Injuries reported as possible tornado hits Va.

"
At least three are dead following a possible tornado along Virginia's eastern shore, according to CBS.

CAPE CHARLES, Va. (AP) -- Virginia emergency management officials say numerous injuries are being reported following a possible tornado at a campground at Virginia's Eastern Shore.

Spokeswoman Laura Southard says multiple agencies including Virginia State Police are responding to the Cherrystone Family Camping & RV Resort in rural Northampton County."

http://wtop.com/120/3668785/Injuries-reported-as-possible-tornado-hits-Va