Was the Capitol Riot planned?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Zeldin seems to think so...
“So I’ll complete the record. First off, in the Articles of Impeachment, it’s written that the President gave a speech and he told his supporters to come here and that he incited this riot and one speaker after another after another here on the other side of the aisle, have repeated that in the Article of Impeachment. But we all know that this was a pre-planned attack. We all know that there were pipe bombs being discovered while the President was speaking. We all know that the Capitol perimeter was being breached during the President’s speech. We know that this was pre-planned and it started while the President was speaking. Why is that not in the Articles of Impeachment? Why is that not incorporated into my colleagues’ remarks?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Mark Levin just NAILED it on Hannity a few moments ago!!!

100% dead.on.

Last edited:

Louise

Yes, it was planned. Period. No matter how the story of the incident is untwisted from a pretzel, it will, always, be DJT’s fault. I wish the truth could come out, but we still don’t know the truth about the assassination of JFK, or 911; just to name two. I will hold out hope. Miracles do happen. God bless the USA.

Reactions: BOP

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I could have sworn this posted last night - I was on the cellphone when I found it, and posted. :rolleyes:

Levin blasts impeachment, says Pelosi 'destroyed separation of powers'

Hijinx

I could have sworn this posted last night - I was on the cellphone when I found it, and posted. :rolleyes:

Levin blasts impeachment, says Pelosi 'destroyed separation of powers'

All I have is a black rectangle

MSally

So - if it was planned for weeks --

How is Trump culpable?
He’s been stirring his supporters up for months with his ‘stolen election’ lies and he had been planning his January 6th rally at the Capitol for a couple of weeks. If the impeachment goes to trial they will be quoting him from those rallies.

Hijinx

He’s been stirring his supporters up for months with his ‘stolen election’ lies and he had been planning his January 6th rally at the Capitol for a couple of weeks. If the impeachment goes to trial they will be quoting him from those rallies.

That's fine they will be quoting him saying to protest peacefully.

SamSpade

If merely saying "they cheated" and "the election was stolen" - or God forbid

"Biden is an illegitimate President" - constitutes incitement, then every Democrat for the past four years is on the hook for that.
All of the violence perpretrated on conservatives the last four years could be placed on their heads.

Because heaven knows, actually talking about KILLING him or kidnapping and ass-raping his son sure wasn't incitement to anything.

Bushy23

On Jan 6 he said fight over 20 times and peaceful once.

For months before Election Day, Trump repeatedly told his supporters falsehoods about voting, including that Democrats had "rigged" the election. Trump ramped up the rhetoric after he lost the election, filing court challenges in battleground states trying to get judges to reverse the outcome. After he racked up defeats in court, Trump’s tactics turned toward ordering senators to "fight" for him.

On the day of pro-Trump rallies in Washington, D.C., Trump tweeted "Wow! Thousands of people forming in Washington (D.C.) for Stop the Steal. Didn’t know about this, but I’ll be seeing them! #MAGA." Dec 12.

".@senatemajldr and Republican Senators have to get tougher, or you won’t have a Republican Party anymore. We won the Presidential Election, by a lot. FIGHT FOR IT. Don’t let them take it away!" he tweeted Dec. 18.

"WE HAVE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!" Trump said in another tweet.

Trump tweeted his praise for a report by his adviser Peter Navarro alleging election fraud: "A great report by Peter. Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!" Dec 19

Dec. 27: "See you in Washington, DC, on January 6th. Don’t miss it. Information to follow!" Trump tweeted.

Jan. 1: "The BIG Protest Rally in Washington, D.C., will take place at 11.00 A.M. on January 6th. Locational details to follow. StopTheSteal!"

Jan. 4: At a rally in Georgia the day before the Senate runoffs, Trump repeated his grievances about his own election. He spoke about a continued fight, both for himself and the Senate.

"If the liberal Democrats take the Senate and the White House — and they’re not taking this White House — we’re going to fight like hell, I’ll tell you right now," Trump said.

"We’re going to take it back," Trump said.

Jan. 6:

"Our country has had enough," Trump told his supporters. "We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about. To use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal."

The crowd later chanted: "Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump!" Trump thanked them.

Trump praised the crowd for traveling from across the nation and for "the extraordinary love."

"We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s capital for one very, very basic and simple reason: to save our democracy," Trump said.

Trump repeatedly said there was a need to "fight." After he bashed "weak" Republicans and Biden, he said: "Unbelievable, what we have to go through, what we have to go through and you have to get your people to fight. If they don’t fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don’t fight. You primary them. We’re going to let you know who they are, I can already tell you, frankly."

He continued with the fighting metaphors: "Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder, and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. And if he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy."

Trump then invited the crowd to go to the Capitol.

"And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

For months before Election Day, Trump repeatedly told his supporters falsehoods about voting, including that Democrats had "rigged" the election. Trump ramped up the rhetoric after he lost the election, filing court challenges in battleground states trying to get judges to reverse the outcome. After he racked up defeats in court, Trump’s tactics turned toward ordering senators to "fight" for him.

On the day of pro-Trump rallies in Washington, D.C., Trump tweeted "Wow! Thousands of people forming in Washington (D.C.) for Stop the Steal. Didn’t know about this, but I’ll be seeing them! #MAGA." Dec 12.

".@senatemajldr and Republican Senators have to get tougher, or you won’t have a Republican Party anymore. We won the Presidential Election, by a lot. FIGHT FOR IT. Don’t let them take it away!" he tweeted Dec. 18.

Trump tweeted his praise for a report by his adviser Peter Navarro alleging election fraud: "A great report by Peter. Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!" Dec 19

Dec. 27: "See you in Washington, DC, on January 6th. Don’t miss it. Information to follow!" Trump tweeted.

Jan. 1: "The BIG Protest Rally in Washington, D.C., will take place at 11.00 A.M. on January 6th. Locational details to follow. StopTheSteal!"

Jan. 4: At a rally in Georgia the day before the Senate runoffs, Trump repeated his grievances about his own election. He spoke about a continued fight, both for himself and the Senate.

"If the liberal Democrats take the Senate and the White House — and they’re not taking this White House — we’re going to fight like hell, I’ll tell you right now," Trump said.

Jan. 6:

"Our country has had enough," Trump told his supporters. "We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about. To use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal."

The crowd later chanted: "Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump!" Trump thanked them.

Trump praised the crowd for traveling from across the nation and for "the extraordinary love."

"We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s capital for one very, very basic and simple reason: to save our democracy," Trump said.

Trump repeatedly said there was a need to "fight." After he bashed "weak" Republicans and Biden, he said: "Unbelievable, what we have to go through, what we have to go through and you have to get your people to fight. If they don’t fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don’t fight. You primary them. We’re going to let you know who they are, I can already tell you, frankly."

He continued with the fighting metaphors: "Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder, and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. And if he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy."

"And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."
:lmao: you are such a brainwashed putz..

BOP

Jan. 6:

To quote the inimitable Tranny: "Got damn, you're stupid!"

SamSpade

For months before Election Day, Trump repeatedly told his supporters falsehoods about voting, including that Democrats had "rigged" the election.

There WAS cheating. And I think it was rigged.

That makes me delusional? No more so than four years of "Russians helped Trump steal the election".
Most of the major Democratic leadership STILL INSIST he was an "illegitimate President".
For you that means -he got there illegally. He "cheated". That Hillary was the rightful winner.

But your "fight" thing is profoundly stupid. If use of the word "fight" suggests incitement, I can name dozens of times JUST THIS PAST MONTH that everyone from Pelosi to Schumer to AOC using it.

Sorry. He not only did not incite that crowd - no one from that crowd could have made it - people were entering the Capitol while TRUMP WAS STILL TALKING.

How fast can you run from the White House to the Capitol? Especially with a quarter million people with you? None of those people who heard him made it inside.

It was planned - he had nothing to do with it.