Washington DC Green Zone

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A Startling Thread on the National Guard Presence in Washington, D.C., for Inauguration Day

To put it bluntly, members of our military have been deployed on American soil in what appears to be a temporary occupation around the area of the inauguration. The Secret Service has established a “Green Zone” in the heart of the city, and bridges leading into Washington, D.C., will be closed beginning Tuesday. Virginia State Police and the National Guard will be checking reasons for entry.

Murphy also notes that National Guard members are in full uniform, including ballistic helmets, and are armed. This is not typical when the Guard is deployed because there are genuine concerns about the optics of the U.S. military being deployed against Americans on U.S. soil. The Ohio National Guard firing on students at Kent State, killing four and wounding nine in 1970, still lives large in the national memory.

Official statements from Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy confirmed they were considering letting the National Guard carry weapons. National Guard leaders say troops have deployed with all of their equipment, and it will be up to local commanders to determine if they will be authorized to carry them. The military is prohibited from acting in a law enforcement capacity, so the decision is predicated on personal safety.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, optics are no longer an issue when it comes to confronting right-wing radicals. It's only an issue when the left are confronted. I am certain if Trump had been reelected there would violence everywhere, and worst at his inauguration. And there would be no NG presence. The violence would be reported as necessary resistance against a very evil man and people that support him.

Now, the left holds the power, and they will exercise that power in a very oppressive and animus way.

limblips

PREMO Member
Well, optics are no longer an issue when it comes to confronting right-wing radicals. It's only an issue when the left are confronted. I am certain if Trump had been reelected there would violence everywhere, and worst at his inauguration. And there would be no NG presence. The violence would be reported as necessary resistance against a very evil man and people that support him.

Now, the left holds the power, and they will exercise that power in a very oppressive and animus way.
Lock and load. The time is coming. As afforded me by the 2A of the US Constitution I will defend me and mine.

Hijinx

It's freaking martial law in the city. That's what it is.
What is worse is that if the President ----President Trump the real President were to order the military out of there i have doubts if they would obey his orders. He has 3 days left, but is no longer in Charge of the military, The Pentagon refuses to even have troops at his flight out on the 20th.

I don't believe this is the way the Constitution the democrats keep screaming about is written.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

A Startling Thread on the National Guard Presence in Washington, D.C., for Inauguration Day

This is not typical when the Guard is deployed because there are genuine concerns about the optics of the U.S. military being deployed against Americans on U.S. soil. The Ohio National Guard firing on students at Kent State, killing four and wounding nine in 1970, still lives large in the national memory.

The military is prohibited from acting in a law enforcement capacity, so the decision is predicated on personal safety.
Well technically, the (US) military isn't being deployed, as Guard units are pretty much a form of a paid militia under the command of their respective governors. The big question is whom has the ultimate command and control authority to lead all these different State Guard units within the Federal District known as Washington, District of Columbia? That's the humdinger.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

If I may ...

Well technically, the (US) military isn't being deployed, as Guard units are pretty much a form of a paid militia under the command of their respective governors. The big question is whom has the ultimate command and control authority to lead all these different State Guard units within the Federal District known as Washington, District of Columbia? That's the humdinger.

Yes: That is the Question.
Did the Pentagon do this on their own? Did the States? And why from Alaska and Hawaii?