Washington has serious interest in QB

SoMdDude

Ok this has started an all out war over on extremeskins.com , lets see what happens over here LOL :killingme

"The Redskins have serious interest in Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, an NFL source said Tuesday, and have entered talks about a possible three-way deal to acquire him.

Two NFL sources confirmed the possibility of a three-way trade, with Kansas City being mentioned by one source as a possibility.

“They’re trying to do something,” one NFL source said of the Redskins.

“Whether or not it materializes is another matter, but [Redskins owner Dan Snyder] is on this hard. They don’t trust Jason Campbell.”

REST OF STORY HERE

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Cap issues?
New QB new offense.
Vinny has already stated that he's not a JC fan.

I got an idea! Let's get a REAL GM and not some glorified coffee gopher who thinks winning Super Tecmo Bowl makes him THE guru of football talent.

Don't like this idea at all, but then again I don't have to clean Dan Snyder's DMZ like Vin does.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

Somebody has to throw to TO.

MoparRacer896

Pure Bred & Bottle Fed
J.C. has had more than enough time to "blossom" and has not. Look at the Baltimore rookie QB that lit it up this year... It's time for a QB change in DC,
Cutler might not be the best out there, but he is an improvement from what the Skins have now. Cutler can throw AND scramble..

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
J.C. has had more than enough time to "blossom" and has not. Look at the Baltimore rookie QB that lit it up this year... It's time for a QB change in DC,
Cutler might not be the best out there, but he is an improvement from what the Skins have now. Cutler can throw AND scramble..

#1 - Campbell doesn't have all the tools, but then again, by the time he learns a playbook, they hand him a new one
#2 - The Ravens did what they always did, relied on there D and STs to win games, and the offense manage the play clock. They got lucky this year and their RB's pounded out yards for them when they needed to also behind a pretty good O-line :yay:
#3 - They had one of the most simplified passing games in the NFL so rook couldn't screw much up on his own. But then again, who are their recievers :confused:
#4 - Cutler scrambles :roflmao: its called a BOOTLEG, which doesn't count towards scrambling :lmao:

We don't bootleg in Washington, maybe twice a game, Denver bootleg's on 60% of it's passing plays, maybe more.

Cutler had a lot better O-line than we did in Washington.

Maybe Campbell isn't the guy, but I don't think Cutler is either.

AFC west - they missed the playoffs, in the AFC west!! what is Cutler going to do in Washington, a drop back offense against the NFC east D's, and we play the NFC South this year?

I don't think it is a good sitaution to bring in Cutler.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Cutler throws a decent number of INTs because he takes risks, kinda like Brett Favre and his high INT rate. That's about his only drawback. He's a better QB than Campbell. I never saw Campbell as a starter in the NFL from his college days. He definitely wasn't worth a first round pick.

angelbaby

They will finish JC's contract...

CERRATO: “JASON CAMPBELL IS GOING TO BE OUR QUARTERBACK”

The rumors of the Washington Redskins possibly trading for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, fueled by a bleacherreport.com story setting forth a far-fetched three-team trade scenario that might or might not have been labeled ambiguously as “satire” before the predicted 5:00 p.m. EDT announcement of the deal, have already created a sufficient stir to require the Redskins to address them.

In an item posted at 6:41 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato told David Elfin of the Washington Times that the Redskins “haven’t talked to anyone” about Cutler, and that “Jason is going to be our quarterback this season.”

Here’s the deal — the Cutler fiasco has confirmed that teams need to handle their starting quarterbacks like a college football coach handles his current job. Neither can afford to allow word to get out that a change might be coming. If change is going to happen, it needs to come swiftly and without advance rumor or speculation.

It’s the “I’m not going to be the Alabama coach” phenomenon; the Redskins would end up with the next disgruntled starting quarterback if credible word were to get out that the Redskins are thinking about making a change at the most important position on the roster.

Besides, why would they start all over with someone new? :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Cutler throws a decent number of INTs because he takes risks, kinda like Brett Favre and his high INT rate. That's about his only drawback. He's a better QB than Campbell. I never saw Campbell as a starter in the NFL from his college days. He definitely wasn't worth a first round pick.

Cutler throws 1.46 TD's per pick and Jason throws 1.52, so, Campbell wins there plus he was about 2:1 this past year. Cutler is 62% completion. Jason, last year, was about the same, a steady climb up, 60% the year before whereas Jay is flat at around 62 the last three years.

There is no argument, that I see, that Cutler is clearly better. Neither team has great skill talent at WR with Denver probably being better there, though there is a case to be made that with Cooley and Portis, the Skins do have better weapons overall.

I 'like' Cutler better, the way he plays and I am certainly frustrated with Jason not being notably better than three years ago, but this is a no deal in my book.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

Somebody has to throw to TO.

That would be one hell of a pass, considering T.O. is in Buffalo

jetmonkey

The 'source' of the article was a poor attempt at someone trying to make fun of Dan Snyder for running a professional sports franchise like it was a fantasy team. The media are idiots.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The 'source' of the article was a poor attempt at someone trying to make fun of Dan Snyder for running a professional sports franchise like it was a fantasy team. The media are idiots.

You'll note that the idea that this may be a joke did NOT cross anyone's mind.

kom526

Not in so many words. I heard it in an audio interview after last season, he was asked if JC was going to be starting next year (or something along those lines) and he said, "Well he is our qb so what are we going to do?" You had to hear the tone of resignation in his voice.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Not in so many words. I heard it in an audio interview after last season, he was asked if JC was going to be starting next year (or something along those lines) and he said, "Well he is our qb so what are we going to do?" You had to hear the tone of resignation in his voice.
I heard that and thought nothing more than "Vinny comment". He's a weird guy and makes strange comments. Plus if JC wasn't their guy they would have unloaded a year or two ago. It's not like the duo to keep around something if it isn't shiny enough for them.

kom526

On if Jason Campbell is the quarterback of the future:

“I think that Jason will be back. He's the starting quarterback. I think what you do is you go year to year and you have to evaluate everything.”

Found it. It was during his season ending press conference last year. One of the spots I looked for this had a blurb on there about the Skins drafting Mark Sanchez QB USC @ 13.:yikes: According to young Mr. Sanchez, the Redskins were one of the teams that seemed very interested in him at the combine.

BuddyLee

Football addict
On if Jason Campbell is the quarterback of the future:

“I think that Jason will be back. He's the starting quarterback. I think what you do is you go year to year and you have to evaluate everything.”

Found it. It was during his season ending press conference last year. One of the spots I looked for this had a blurb on there about the Skins drafting Mark Sanchez QB USC @ 13.:yikes: According to young Mr. Sanchez, the Redskins were one of the teams that seemed very interested in him at the combine.
Meh. I think fans lean into comments a little too much. Spend a little time over at Extremeskins and you'll learn quick.:lol:

Skins are going OT, LB, or D line this year.

kom526

Meh. I think fans lean into comments a little too much. Spend a little time over at Extremeskins and you'll learn quick.:lol:

Skins are going OT, LB, or D line this year.

I have an acct over there but those guys are waay to into it for me. I do not have the attention span to devote to making up dream teams and bypassing cap issues like some of those guys.:lol: