Washington Nationals

OldHillcrestGuy

How about those NATIONALS :yahoo:

For the few oldtimers on the forums who remember the Washington Senators, and the many years we suffered with horrible teams year after year (like the present Orioles), the future is sure looking bright. If you are a baseball fan of the Nationals, you can't help but be excited about whats happening on South Capital Street.
This team with the current owners and General Manager Rizzo have rebuilt through the draft, and have been extremely successful stock pilling their minor league teams with the stars of the Nationals future.
Its my feeling that the next World Champion team for the DC area will be the Nats, winning the World Series. This is team that is loaded with talent at every level. The Nats are very exciting team now to watch, they never seem to give up when they get behind, they are in the toughest division in all of baseball, but IMO in two years they will fighting it out with the Phillies for the top spot in the division.

Otter

Nothing to see here

For the few oldtimers on the forums who remember the Washington Senators, and the many years we suffered with horrible teams year after year (like the present Orioles), the future is sure looking bright. If you are a baseball fan of the Nationals, you can't help but be excited about whats happening on South Capital Street.
This team with the current owners and General Manager Rizzo have rebuilt through the draft, and have been extremely successful stock pilling their minor league teams with the stars of the Nationals future.
Its my feeling that the next World Champion team for the DC area will be the Nats, winning the World Series. This is team that is loaded with talent at every level. The Nats are very exciting team now to watch, they never seem to give up when they get behind, they are in the toughest division in all of baseball, but IMO in two years they will fighting it out with the Phillies for the top spot in the division.

Right on schedule, IMO. The Lerners have taken a beating in the papers but have stuck to their philosophy. Sure they have made mis-steps, they are rookie owners, who wouldn't? They bought a team that the league owners had pretty much scuttled and slowly, methodically rebuilt the whole team from Class A to the team we see now on the field. They will battle for a wild card next year, and with their pitching, they should be around for alot of years to come.

sunman1_67

Love my Nats! :clap:

thurley42

HY;FR
I'm an Indians fan and will be to the day I die. That being said I've been going to alot I'd Nats games lately, went to the whole Reds series and last night. They are def starting to come along...

Baz

This. ------------------>
Has anyone taken the boat shuttle from National Harbor to a game? It seems like a much easier, and enjoyable alternative to driving to the stadium. Plus you can enjoy a nice pre/post-game at the harbor as well.

Peter Forsberg

They need better starting pitching. Strasberg will help.

Baz

This. ------------------>
It is normally like that when the Phillies, Cubs, or even the Cardinals are in town...went to the Cards series a month or so ago and everyone was rocking the Cards gear...

Once the Nats start winning, that will change. Much like the Penguins' fans overwhelmed Caps games until they started winning.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm not a basebore fan but it makes it a little more fun to watch the young guys winning. Plus, taking 2 of 3 this weekend in great fashion and playing the best team in baseball tight this year is icing on the cake.

homedepot20

For the few oldtimers on the forums who remember the Washington Senators, and the many years we suffered with horrible teams year after year

Frank Howard , Denny McClain , Curt Flood , Toby Harrah Mgr Ted Williams just to mention a few names brings back memories at RFK ! Best of luck to this new Washington Team . BUT it will take a ORIOLE (Davy Johnson ) to bring them to the playoffs (IMO)

Last edited: