Washington NATIONALS?!?!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I don't know how many of you are baseball fans, but WTF?

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com...t_id=1781065&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

WASHINGTON -- The Nationals agreed to terms on professional contracts with catcher Sandy Leon, shortstop Adrian Sanchez, center fielder Jesus Morales and first baseman Juan Urdaneta on Wednesday. All four players are from Venezuela.

Leon, 17, is a switch hitter, who has above-average skills behind the plate.
Sanchez, 16, is also a switch hitter.
Morales, 17, is a left-handed hitter...
Urdaneta, 17, is another left-handed hitter.

And I read somewhere that the Nats signed 4 players last week from the Dominican Republic, and all those players are 17 and younger.

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
most likely will end up on developemental squads or triple A to develop, but can't forget Freddy Adu....

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Daddy_O said:
most likely will end up on developemental squads or triple A to develop, but can't forget Freddy Adu....

True, but Freddy Adu was also a resident of the United States...:burning: You can't tell me there isn't ONE 16 or 17 year old baseball player in the US of A that's worth a major league contract...or is this our way of helping the global economy?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
cattitude said:
I never really believed Adu was as young as he claimed either.

I see some basketball players that play for local high school teams and I swear to God they're in their mid-late 20's. :twitch:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
nachomama said:
I see some basketball players that play for local high school teams and I swear to God they're in their mid-late 20's. :twitch:

I was amazed at LaBron. I always thought he was older...he has such presence off the court.

Pete

Repete
who was it that got in a shiat storm because when a reporter asked him why his team lost he replied "Their Dominicans were better than our Dominicans."

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Pete said:
who was it that got in a shiat storm because when a reporter asked him why his team lost he replied "Their Dominicans were better than our Dominicans."

Red Sox/Mets? :shrug:

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
nachomama said:
True, but Freddy Adu was also a resident of the United States...:burning: You can't tell me there isn't ONE 16 or 17 year old baseball player in the US of A that's worth a major league contract...or is this our way of helping the global economy?

I agree, there are lots of under age players in the US on developmental contracts (i.e., players drafted out of high school or while still in high school) there are players in college who are allready set up with a team once they graduate, but under regs, they are the only ones without a legit contract.

big_poppa

Hey I think that the MLB should be able to pay them hourly wages some where in the area of about 5 bucks. I mean heck if they make millions they will never pay a single tax dollar on it. Now that was mean I know, and I know I am going to get it bad on here now. But it had to be said. I agree we have talent in the USA, use that FIRST Damn It!!!!