Washington Redskins at Carolina Panthers

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I may be wrong, however, it can't get any better than this after half-time!

Redskins down 5 touchdowns.

One hell of a hill to climb out of! :killingme

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I love all of them. It's about time the defense gets a rule or two in favor of them.

Here is my impression of them, as of now.
Force out rule: still unsure. It sounds OK, and definitely benificial to the defense, but if it is how they outlined it in the game I have to find fault in that at least if you get one foot in and get pushed out...I'd give it to the reciever. Thats just me though.

5-yard facemask: Dangerous thing to play with. It will all depend on the enforcement. I think that if too much facemasking is allowed, it is just asking for trouble. I also don't want to see 15 yarders enforced on petty plays. That is why I was ok with 5 yard facemask calls.

Defensive speaker thing: Eh, thats fine. I couldn't GAF about that one. The game is moving in favor of technology and I'm fine with them using headsets (thats how I understood the rule, sort of missed that one)

Defer kick-off: Dad and I both agreed....WTF does this mean? We are missing something, or the rule makes no sense, so any input is appreciated :lmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Here is my impression of them, as of now.
Force out rule: still unsure. It sounds OK, and definitely benificial to the defense, but if it is how they outlined it in the game I have to find fault in that at least if you get one foot in and get pushed out...I'd give it to the reciever. Thats just me though.

Defer kick-off: Dad and I both agreed....WTF does this mean? We are missing something, or the rule makes no sense, so any input is appreciated :lmao:
There is a large field of play. If you can't get both of your feet in bounds no matter what the circumstance then it shouldn't be counted in my mind. I think the defensive backs should at least have a shot on those outside sideline routes.

The defer kickoff is for the home team I believe. They can opt to not flip the coin and give the other team the ball to start the game.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

The defer kickoff is for the home team I believe. They can opt to not flip the coin and give the other team the ball to start the game.

Oh....Thats stupid IMO and gives more hometown advantage than there should be in that posession/direction choice is no longer luck.

Oh well, another touchdown against :frown:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Also on the force-out...

...it takes the referee's out of the game and makes the calls less controversial.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Uh, I think BuddyLee may have gone out the back of his home, and puked; because the score is now 41 to 0 - Carolina.

Sad, if you're a 'skins fan. However, the season isn't lost YET!! :lol:

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oh....Thats stupid IMO and gives more hometown advantage than there should be in that posession/direction choice is no longer luck.

Oh well, another touchdown against :frown:
Meh...doesn't matter to me.

Most teams want the ball in the first half anyway.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Uh, I think BuddyLee may have gone out the back of his home, and puked; because the scoe is now 41 to 0 - Carolina.

Sad, if you're a 'skins fan. However, the season isn't lost YET!! :lol:
Steve Smith burning a third string DB doesn't concern me so much.

I think that first game of the season will tell us a lot about the rest of the Skins season. If they're going to do anything they better do it quick.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Steve Smith burning a third string DB doesn't concern me so much.

I think that first game of the season will tell us a lot about the rest of the Skins season. If they're going to do anything they better do it quick.

:yay:
Don't forget the fact that 3/5 of the first games are on the road against division rivals. The start of the season is going to be a very important step.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ah...I love the depth of this team, especially at O-line.

2nd and 3rd stringers doing well throughout the pre-season.

That starter O-line didn't do well at all tonight. I wonder if we'll see a switch this season.