Washington Redskins will not get a new Stadium at Oxon Cove Park.

Hijinx

Nothing wrong with the Stadium they have now but owner Dan Snyder blames the stadium for declining ticket sales and attendance.

Declining attendance and ticket ales may have something to do with the pitiful performance of the Skins.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Good. I like that place. Visited many times as a kid. Plus, I don't want to pay for a new stadium to help Synder keep his money.

Chris0nllyn

Unfortunately, it seems that the site won't be for the Skins stadium, but may be for something else we (taxpayers) fund because MD still wants to take state control over the land.

Hogan spokesman Amelia Chasse said in a statement that the administration is not continuing discussions with the team “at this time” over the the site in Oxon Cove Park near MGM National Harbor. The Washington Post first reported this story on Tuesday.

Chasse said that though Hogan is not going forward with the team, the administration is “moving full steam ahead with acquiring state control of the Maryland Gateway in Prince George’s County from the federal government.”