Wasp spray used as meth alternative in West Virginia

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... possibly linked to 3 overdoses

At least three overdose deaths in West Virginia may be linked to a growing trend in Boone County where police believe drug users are turning to wasp spray as an alternative form of methamphetamine.

Sgt. Charles Sutphin with the West Virginia State Police said that people are using the cans of insect repellent to create a “synthetic” version of the drug.

WTF?!?

What's next? Paraquat?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Unfortunately, people are so compelled to find that ever elusive high, they try absolutely anything. Sad really.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I agree it's simply horrific to have a craving that strong, but I would wager that crime decreases with each one of these deaths. Addiction is a terrible thing. Something used to kill an organism should be a good indication that it shouldn't be used for recreation. Damn...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
"Wrong Turn" strange, or regular strange?
It's more wrong then wrong turn and there ain't nothing regular about their brand of strange. If you want a dose of them check out a PBS documentary by Tribeca films called "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia".

glhs837

Power with Control
It's more wrong then wrong turn and there ain't nothing regular about their brand of strange. If you want a dose of them check out a PBS documentary by Tribeca films called "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia".

Heading west out of Charlestownonce years back, negelcted to fill up before leaving town. About 10 miles or so out of town,. noticed and pulled off the next exit......... creepy ass gas station, sort of a shack, three guys staring slackly out the door, maybe a full head of teeth between them...... Told the wife, you WATCH them, yell if they start moving..... :)

Reactions: BOP

TPD

the poor dad
I forwarded this story to my manager at the hardware store this morning. She asked what should she do if we have a run on wasp spray. I told her to order more but don’t put it on sale - it’s called thinning the nest.

Clem72

Something used to kill an organism should be a good indication that it shouldn't be used for recreation. Damn...

Funny you should say that. Nicotine (and tobacco in general) have been used as an insecticide for more than a century,

Alcohol is used pretty much everywhere to kill bacteria and viruses (though viruses are arguably not "organisms"),

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I saw this dude in a parking lot 1985 .... On the back if a Green M-65 Field Jacket Written in Duct Tape

Is Death The Final High ......

Come On Druggies .... Click POW and Find Out