Waste Management skipped pickup - again!!

fromchaptico

Is anyone else in the Chaptico area having problems with Waste Management missing pickup days repeatedly? They skip my house at least once a month, sometimes more, and then say it was because my trash wasn't out, which is completely untrue. I always put it out the day before, or not at all.

Can anyone recommend a better trash service that collects in the Mechanicsville/Chaptico area? I have had it with Waste Management.

Thanks!

awpitt

Main Streeter
Is anyone else in the Chaptico area having problems with Waste Management missing pickup days repeatedly? They skip my house at least once a month, sometimes more, and then say it was because my trash wasn't out, which is completely untrue. I always put it out the day before, or not at all.

Can anyone recommend a better trash service that collects in the Mechanicsville/Chaptico area? I have had it with Waste Management.

Thanks!

Have you called them?

MarieB

See if Goode services your area. I switched to them and have been very happy. They are cheaper too, and you don't wait on hold for an hour to get to a human being on the phone

fromchaptico

Have you called them?

Yes, I call them every time they miss. Occasionally, they send someone to pick up the trash a day late. Other times, they call the driver who says that the trash was not out, which is BS - it is out the night before. I am sure they will have some excuse this time too. The bin is too close to the road, the bin was too far from the road, the bin was too full, ....I have heard them all, but only after calling to find out why the trash is still sitting there.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
We gave up on them a long time ago; way overpriced for the amount of trash we generate & terrible service. We take ours to the dump ourselves now, and we bought their bin for $40.00.

FED_UP

We gave up on them a long time ago; way overpriced for the amount of trash we generate & terrible service. We take ours to the dump ourselves now, and we bought their bin for $40.00.

Obviously you have a truck, I think I would do the same if I did. Is there anything you can get today that is free in this world?

MarieB

Yes, I call them every time they miss. Occasionally, they send someone to pick up the trash a day late. Other times, they call the driver who says that the trash was not out, which is BS - it is out the night before. I am sure they will have some excuse this time too. The bin is too close to the road, the bin was too far from the road, the bin was too full, ....I have heard them all, but only after calling to find out why the trash is still sitting there.

Call corporate if you don't get anywhere with the local office, but don't be surprised if that is equally as frustrating. Ask for a refund, and begin emailing the local office instead of calling so you have a paper trail.

benscamaro

Thanks!

I live in the area too and YES, they did NOT pick up my trash again on Monday. I have called and the Rep on the phone stated there was a note on the account that the driver stated my bin was not out there. I have made sure to put it out there sunday evenings since they come so early in the mornings. Frustration level is going up.

tipsymcgee

If you have a contract be careful with WM, they require a 90-day notice or they automatically renew. Mine was commercial but I had to send certified mail more than 90 days in order to terminate. We use Bay Area now but not sure they do residential. And Bay Area is about 50+ cheaper for our commercial dumpster.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

Thanks!

You know if there is a holiday in the week your pick is pushed back a day ya dummy.

fromchaptico

You know if there is a holiday in the week your pick is pushed back a day ya dummy.

Waste Management's holiday schedule is posted on their website, so it is always clear when pickup will be pushed back for a holiday.

However, they didn't miss a pickup in a week with a holiday. They missed a pickup THIS week, and there is no holiday. I really don't care if they come a day late. The problem I am experiencing is that if they miss my service day, they don't come at all until the following Monday - unless, as you so graciously mentioned, service is delayed due to a holiday.

SoMdDude

www.evergreen-disposal.com

They have NEVER missed a pickup since I switched to them, ever! And they service St Marys according to their website... when you call them, tell them you were quoted at $60 every 3 months... no fuel surcharges or other BS fees!!! Have never paid a dime more than 60... Pickup is twice a week, for me its wed and saturday

I had waste management, they hit my mailbox and broke it to pieces one day (driver left a note) and they never reimbursed me for it, bastages)

Last edited:
C

czygvtwkr

FYI they didnt pickup my trash yesterday. For the last three weeks they have only picked up once per week. That is fine for me, however I am paying for two pickups per week.

foodforthought

I would NOT recommend Goode Trash....they did well for the first few months, then just stopped coming, didn't return calls, and if they did return my call someone was supposed to come out and never did. After the 3rd week of missed pick ups and numerous calls I cut my losses and called waste management. I actually had already paid for the upcoming 2 months with Goode when they stopped coming, but I still to this day have never told them to stop coming, nor have I received a bill and I still have their trash can after a year. Now with waste management though Goode still picks it up and no problems so far, been with WM for a year now.