WATCH: Students support diversity quotas...until it comes to football

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, that's the thing with young people who are targets of Democrat messaging: they don't think. And their college sure isn't going to teach them to think. That's what every single kid interviewed said: "Uh, I never really thought about it like that...."

No, dumbass, YOU DIDN'T! YOU JUST DRANK THE ****ING KOOLAID AND PARROTED THE TALKING POINTS AND DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT ONE SINGLE TINY WHIT. :smack: :strangle:

This is why they won't let me do man on the street interviews.

SamSpade

Reading the comments (because I didn’t watch the video and generally detest doing so if I can read) it was interesting how one writer observed their backpedaling once they realized they were in an indefensible situation.

This sadly is human nature. To me it’s just easier to admit you’re wrong but with people it’s like a sunk cost - once you’ve accepted a position on an issue you have to keep justifying it to yourself. No matter how ridiculous. You tell yourself it’s logical even though you know it isn’t.

This is why people call it science when it isn’t based on anything but feelings.

Back when people insisted the Earth was the center of the universe astronomers observed that Mars didn’t move like a planet circling the Earth. It went backwards and forward in an inconsistent fashion. Mind you they knew it to be totally consistent with both the Earth and Mars circling the Sun, but they were determined to find SOMETHING that would show otherwise. So they concocted this ridiculous orbit around the Earth where Mars went into little circles within circles reminiscent of old Spirograph drawings. Look it up. Epicycles they called them. All to justify a ridiculous notion that was popular to support but KNOWN to be false.

Lots of “science “ has happened like this.

phreddyp

Reading the comments (because I didn’t watch the video and generally detest doing so if I can read) it was interesting how one writer observed their backpedaling once they realized they were in an indefensible situation.

This sadly is human nature. To me it’s just easier to admit you’re wrong but with people it’s like a sunk cost - once you’ve accepted a position on an issue you have to keep justifying it to yourself. No matter how ridiculous. You tell yourself it’s logical even though you know it isn’t.

This is why people call it science when it isn’t based on anything but feelings.

Back when people insisted the Earth was the center of the universe astronomers observed that Mars didn’t move like a planet circling the Earth. It went backwards and forward in an inconsistent fashion. Mind you they knew it to be totally consistent with both the Earth and Mars circling the Sun, but they were determined to find SOMETHING that would show otherwise. So they concocted this ridiculous orbit around the Earth where Mars went into little circles within circles reminiscent of old Spirograph drawings. Look it up. Epicycles they called them. All to justify a ridiculous notion that was popular to support but KNOWN to be false.

Lots of “science “ has happened like this.
Well when the church is willing to burn you at the the stake for offering up a not church approved opinion you toe the line or burn. Kind of like the vax mandates.

BOP

It was...something when I saw those white bread students come to the conclusion that strict quota enforcement would logically (in their minds) mean they would not have enough Negroes on their team to win at football.

Some of them showed hesitancy, like some small voice inside them was trying to say "this is wrong," but they all got there most riky-tik.

It's racist thinking, people! Disagreeing with Barack Obama is not racism. Or however the left has tried to define the word; not racism.

Also, playing football is a game. It's a complex, high stakes game that brings in lots of revenue for lots of people and institutions. It's rife with graft and corruption, and the most valued players of the game are allowed social liberties that ordinary people are not (for the most part, or until they are no longer valuable), but it's still a game.

For the students, it is central to life, whereas jobs, employment, what the rest of us call part of our every day real world, are like abstract concepts; models to mess with and manipulate to ones satisfaction.

SamSpade

It was...something when I saw those white bread students come to the conclusion that strict quota enforcement would logically (in their minds) mean they would not have enough Negroes on their team to win at football.

It's something my most leftie friends - most of them - don't quite get. A football team has one primary task - to win games. And within the rules, obviously. You might say it's to make money, but losing teams rarely make money or draw fans.

It is not to achieve diversity. If you can win games with an all gay Asian nerd team, you can bet schools will field them. Ditto with the military - their job is to fight and win wars - it's not for job training or diversity. If you're too weak to pull someone across the battlefield, you're out. If you're too big to fit in a fighter jet - too bad. If you are dependent on medication to function - most likely you are out. If you have bad eyesight - you can't fly a plane. Because if you're not up to it, many people will die.

I think you'd have to be pretty damned die hard racist to object to someone's race if they were known to be the best brain surgeon in the world and they were going to operate on you, because in your mind, you wouldn't care ANYTHING about that.

Employers hire people - to DO A JOB. Not to collect a paycheck or get health benefits. If you can't or won't do a job, it doesn't matter what race, sex or religion you are.

ironintestines

Non-Premo
I love watching the wheels fall off of a feeling wagon when false beliefs are challenged.

On the bright side, we got to see the seed of reality germinate between their ears and maybe, just maybe, they will challenge their goofball peers when the subject presents itself in the future.

Hijinx

I think you'd have to be pretty damned die hard racist to object to someone's race if they were known to be the best brain surgeon in the world and they were going to operate on you, because in your mind, you wouldn't care ANYTHING about that.

Dr. Ben Carson

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You get the same response until their class grades are going to be ' averaged ' out

There's another video out there to that effect. All the kids are like, "Yeah, rich people should share their money!" until asked if they'd give some of their grade to a failing student and then they're all, "Well that's not fair. I worked hard for that grade!"

:lmao:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The cream always rises to the top.

You can always put a quota candidate on a sports team. But the minute they enter the playing field, their lack of ability is exposed.
You can always put a quota candidate in a business setting. They will underperform to their capability level and the rest of the group will have to pick up the slack. By quota candidate I'm implying a person got their job based on some sort of personal characteristic and not their ability in this example.

A lot of management pressure is often applied to meeting quotas. Some times those actions have deadly consequences.

Kara Hultgreen

CDR Tom Sobiek said:
"The women are going to graduate regardless of how they performed" "the Navy was in a race with the Air Force to get the first female fighter pilot".

FWIW, I have no issue with women pilots. I've flown missions with them. The rub is when they are held to a lesser standard than the rest of the trainees.

stgislander

PREMO Member
FWIW, I have no issue with women pilots. I've flown missions with them. The rub is when they are held to a lesser standard than the rest of the trainees.
Kinda like female recruits in boot camp doing push-ups rocking on their knees.

ProLifePatriot

Wait until proper job training becomes offensive and or racist and deadly disasters happen because unqualified people were hired just meet a "Diversity Quota".