Water Delivery?

SamSpade

If you have water delivered, who do you use? I've had it up to here having to go out and find that BJ's is out of 3 and 5 gallon bottles or no longer carry the returnable ones - or the machines in other stores for returnables are either broken or are full, because no one is emptying them.

DaSDGuy

Seriously, I just pick mine up at Weis. Usually the return bin is broken so I take the empties inside and get the credit. I wait till I need 3-4 bottles and make one trip. Callaway and St Mary's Square both have the 5 gallon bottles.

SamSpade

Seriously, I just pick mine up at Weis. Usually the return bin is broken so I take the empties inside and get the credit. I wait till I need 3-4 bottles and make one trip. Callaway and St Mary's Square both have the 5 gallon bottles.
With a large family that drinks a LOT - I can't wait that infrequently. We go through a bottle every two days. I can't drive all over town looking for SOMEONE who has the bottles. BJs USED to be reliable but not any more,

I am guessing the people I just ordered through will deliver every few days.

DaSDGuy

With a large family that drinks a LOT - I can't wait that infrequently. We go through a bottle every two days. I can't drive all over town looking for SOMEONE who has the bottles. BJs USED to be reliable but not any more,

I am guessing the people I just ordered through will deliver every few days.
Please let us know how this works. I usually go every other week to pick up. It would be nice to have them delivered.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We used to have Deer Park delivered to our office in 5 gallon jugs. Sorry I can't remember who the service was.

SamSpade

We've now had two deliveries to the house and they are right on time.

What bothers me is, I haven't received as much as a nickel credit for returns.
Worse, it kind of looks like they billed me extra - I had he same amount of bottles in the second delivery but they charged another 12 bucks.
So I don't know what happened there. I may cancel. It's not worth TWICE THE COST if they're not reimbursing the cost of the bottles.

General Lee

Is these water delivery services and coolers worth it ? I find myself kicking around the idea from time to time. I’m on a well and the fridge filter and a brita pitcher seem good enough, for me anyway. I do like the idea of cold water from those coolers. Always like using them when I’m around them. And the hot water option..... AWESOME.

luvmygdaughters

You do have to be careful, I noticed some billing "errors" our on company invoice. Make sure they didnt have you on a Promotional Plan, you know, the one with the introductory rate for the 1st month and than it increases after that.

SamSpade

At this point I am beginning to regret the purchase.

I honestly thought that the outrageous price per bottle was offset by a deposit on the bottles themselves - you know, like every other place you buy water from, locally.

So when I noticed no difference in my bill after two deliveries - I wrote them. They said they weren't charging a deposit. So I can only guess that the price for a 5 gallon bottle of water is actually 12.99 - with no deposit.

You know, I could have sworn that years ago when we got water delivered, the price wasn't anything NEAR this. I go to ReadyRefresh site, and as far as I can tell, every large bottle is presented with an "introductory rate". There's precious little information on what to expect or how long the introductory rate is good for.

My SOLE reason for water delivery was reliability - I'm sick to death of going to places like BJ's or Lowes and finding they have no bottles left, or that the device for collecting the deposit is broken - and has been broken for YEARS.

Damn. I was really liking having water delivered. If there isn't an alternative, this was a waste of time. I'm not spending 13 bucks a bottle - TWICE what I pay elsewhere - just to get it on my front porch.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My SOLE reason for water delivery was reliability - I'm sick to death of going to places like BJ's or Lowes and finding they have no bottles left, or that the device for collecting the deposit is broken - and has been broken for YEARS.
At least at Lowe's, we have a price for a 5-gallon bottle at the with or without return.
Have not had the little coupons to scan for a couple years, just put in the right item code at the register.