Water-proof blanket repair

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
How would you reccommend repairing a water-proof sheet with a nice tear in it? About 3 inches down and 3 inches across in a "L" shape. Just sew it up, or patch it...? Patch it with what?

:flowers: Anybody know the answer?

highnote

My suggestions:
a. take to Elam's (Loveville Leather) and let him fix it
b. what about those patch kids for inflatable rafts/floats? They are definately water (& air) tight, but it might be considered a "seasonal" product (hard to find now).

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
PM onebdzee. She does tarp repairs/construction and may have a solution for you. She did an outstanding job my FIL's pool cover.

devinej

if you don't want to send it anywhere, i've had luck with really heavy duty duck tape on both sides of the tear, then use heavy duty needle/thread or a leather sewing awl to sew around the tear, through the duck tape

appaholic

if you don't want to send it anywhere, i've had luck with really heavy duty duck tape on both sides of the tear, then use heavy duty needle/thread or a leather sewing awl to sew around the tear, through the duck tape

I too swear by heavy duty duck tape! ( I keep a roll at barn and trailer if hubby does not steal it:tantrum) Especially if reasons prevent taking up to ELam's. Last spring Turbo's Blanket had two duck tape patches that held for weeks until the end of season and I washed it as well.