Watermark Software Suggestions...

belvak

Happy Camper
Did a quick search, but I'm too lazy to do an exhaustive one. Anyone have suggestions for a watermark software program that:

1. Won't break the bank
  2. Doesn't limit/charge per image(s)
  3. Is easy to use

So, what do you use? :buddies:

photo

Just keep in mind that if you watermark a photo with Faststone. (I use Faststone from time to time) The watermark is now part of the photo. Depending on what you are doing and just how you are going to mark the photos, you may want to make a copy of the picture before you mark it.

belvak

Happy Camper
Just keep in mind that if you watermark a photo with Faststone. (I use Faststone from time to time) The watermark is now part of the photo. Depending on what you are doing and just how you are going to mark the photos, you may want to make a copy of the picture before you mark it.

Thanks! I know that it overwrites the photo unless you rename it, or save your original somewhere else. What I can't figure out is how to actually create a watermark in FastStone. I see where I can add theirs, but not where I can edit that, or create one of my own. That's what I need now. Is it just me???? Are I :stupid:???

photo

I just add it as text.

Go to "tools" tab
click on open batch convert/rename dialog
a new window will open
select "batch convert" tab (top left)
select "advance options" button (RH side almost at the bottom)
a new window will open
select the "text" tab put a check in the box "add text" (top left) the window will change
write the text you want in the white box
select font type / color you want to use
click "ok" lower RH side and you should be good to go!
Let me know if you have a problem.

corollinout

You can use any photo editing software to do a watermark. You don't need specialized software to do it.

I have Photoshop CS4 and PaintShop Pro x4 and do my watermarking with them.

What I have done is created a watermark and logo in 900x600 and 600x900 and saved them as a png. I edit my photo and save a hi-res copy. Then I resize it to 900x600 or 600x900 for web use. I open my watermark and copy it, and paste it as a new layer. You can mess with the opacity and make it lighter then the image so it doesn't interfere with the photo.

Also, Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop have a tool for watermarking.

An example is attached, which is jpeg so it has a black background, but a png will keep the background transparent. I just threw this together in a minute so don't use the not centered as an example lol

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: