Wavy, frizzy, hair

JeJeTe

Happiness
So that best describes my hair when I let it air dry. Does anyone have a good wave/curl cream or beachy waves spray they use that they let air dry on their hair?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
So that best describes my hair when I let it air dry. Does anyone have a good wave/curl cream or beachy waves spray they use that they let air dry on their hair?

what look are you going for when you air dry? Do you mind it curling a little more? Or just looking for something to tame the frizz? Or something that'll make your waves a little more beachy, less #Iwokeuplikedis...

I have a big box of products that were nice, but didn't work for me that had people suggested :lol: but then again, I have big, thick, super curly wavy frizzy hair :biggrin:

JeJeTe

Happiness
what look are you going for when you air dry? Do you mind it curling a little more? Or just looking for something to tame the frizz? Or something that'll make your waves a little more beachy, less #Iwokeuplikedis...

I have a big box of products that were nice, but didn't work for me that had people suggested :lol: but then again, I have big, thick, super curly wavy frizzy hair :biggrin:

I'm looking for something that will give me the beach waves, curl, tame the frizz, etc. I'd like it to just be scrunch and go. And it be cute, wavy, bedhead look. :lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm looking for something that will give me the beach waves, curl, tame the frizz, etc. I'd like it to just be scrunch and go. And it be cute, wavy, bedhead look. :lol:

well you've seen pics of my hair so you know it's a little cray...

But I also wash my hair at night, sleeping on the curls seems to give me a slight frizz control advantage. But I put Morroccan Oil Curl defining crème in, (this stuff) I only need a drop, which is good bc it's expensive :ohwell: then a little Herbal Essence Tousling Waves Mousse at the roots to prevent my heavy hair weighing down and giving me a triangle look.

Then the next morning I put this awesome stuff in on the bottom half (right here)
It's for "natural hair"......but mine's pretty close to it :lol: I mostly just like it bc even though it's a leave-in conditioner, it gives a great texture and realllyyyy enhances my curl/wave plus it smells AMAZING. It's also a great pick-me-up for my hair in-between washes and helps with the frizz too. I picked it up at Target.

Otherwise I've pretty much bought and tried every single typical "curl crème" you'll find at the drug store or walmart in the white girl hair care aisle. They were all just...meh.

JeJeTe

Happiness
well you've seen pics of my hair so you know it's a little cray...

But I also wash my hair at night, sleeping on the curls seems to give me a slight frizz control advantage. But I put Morroccan Oil Curl defining crème in, (this stuff) I only need a drop, which is good bc it's expensive :ohwell: then a little Herbal Essence Tousling Waves Mousse at the roots to prevent my heavy hair weighing down and giving me a triangle look.

Then the next morning I put this awesome stuff in on the bottom half (right here)
It's for "natural hair"......but mine's pretty close to it :lol: I mostly just like it bc even though it's a leave-in conditioner, it gives a great texture and realllyyyy enhances my curl/wave plus it smells AMAZING. It's also a great pick-me-up for my hair in-between washes and helps with the frizz too. I picked it up at Target.

Otherwise I've pretty much bought and tried every single typical "curl crème" you'll find at the drug store or walmart in the white girl hair care aisle. They were all just...meh.

oh and don't bother with this stuff Beach Babe Texturising Spray

Looks super promising, but all it did was make my hair sticky, and smell like salt :mad: Not even beach salt water....but like bacon salty. awkward.

Thanks!! :smile: This is good info! I've heard the Mixed Chicks line is good too for deep conditioning.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Thanks!! :smile: This is good info! I've heard the Mixed Chicks line is good too for deep conditioning.

That morroccan oil was like $40 at that Beauty4U place up in Waldorf, :)eyebrow: weirdest place EVER.) so if you're interested in trying it I can give you a small container with a couple glops in it.

I found a couple small travel sizes of the Mixed Chicks shampoo and conditioner at Ulta at xmas time...didn't want to invest in the whole bottles. I keep meaning to try it! I've tried their curl crème I think, and wasn't too impressed but they get so many awesome reviews on everything else I'm still willing to keep trying.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Nothing works for me and I've just learned to accept that my hair will look like #### May to September.

Mine does unless I do something with it and I'm tired of spending time blow drying and straightening if I want it to look decent. :ohwell: So I'm researching away.

That morroccan oil was like $40 at that Beauty4U place up in Waldorf, :)eyebrow: weirdest place EVER.) so if you're interested in trying it I can give you a small container with a couple glops in it.

I found a couple small travel sizes of the Mixed Chicks shampoo and conditioner at Ulta at xmas time...didn't want to invest in the whole bottles. I keep meaning to try it! I've tried their curl crème I think, and wasn't too impressed but they get so many awesome reviews on everything else I'm still willing to keep trying.

Have you tried the Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I use Living Proof No Frizz shampoo and conditioner, then after I towel dry I use the No Frizz balm, finished with a generous spritzing of Got2B Beach Trippin' salt spray; scrunchie scrunchie and let air dry. Looks like my hair gal did it on purpose and stays that way all day, even when I'm out running around in the heat.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
With the humidity here my hair puffs out like a Pomeranian, I keep a 55 gallon drum of Frizzeeze balm or however you spell it, and it's always worked for me. Most of the time I keep it braided or wear a hat, but if I go out and want to tame it, I put the balm on.

gretchen

I've used the Got2B spray and hated it! Gave me that St.Marys County stringy crunchy perm look. But both of my daughters use Carols Daughter and swear by it. One has thick,stick straight hair that never has frizz and the other has super puffy curly hair and it works great for both. My hair is down to the middle of my back,thick,and wavy. I put a glob of Biosilk Silk Therapy it in while it's wet and then set it in hot rollers. It's a little Barbarella when it's done but I'm into that. Bain de Terre serum is good too. Both of these products make it smoother,but give no hold or stickiness whatsoever.

Roman

My hair is ultra baby-fine, wavy, and tends to frizz after the wash. The next day it's fine. I let my hair air-dry, which that's supposed to be good for the hair itself. The main thing that makes the frizz is combing it when it's wet. I shampoo my hair, gently towel dry, and then I put Dove's Style & Care hair mousse in it, and I style it with my fingers, and let it dry. I don't comb it until after it's dry, and that really reduces the frizz. Another thing I use is Coconut Oil. Put a small dallop in the palms of the hands, rub together, and smooth over the length of the hair. I avoid the scalp area because it can make it look greasy. I've noticed that there is some coconut oil now in some beauty sections of stores, but it is higher priced, when all you have to do is go to the baking section of the grocery store. It's the same thing. I get the cheapest, which is called LuAna 100 % pure coconut oil. 14 oz, which costs about $4.00. It's also good for dry skin. A little dab will do ya!

JeJeTe

Happiness
If you feel like straightening your slightly wavy, frizzy hair I've always used either Redken Align or Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum and both work well.