WaWA's new gas sign........

pamperedchef247

when I saw that I asked my husband what in the world is that I don't understand and he told me and I was like ok that is stupid. I don't think I will pay with cash. I hardly ever have cash on me anymore. I don't want to get robbed and have no money. with your credit or debit cards you can at least get your money back.

Draco69

Yup my credit card company gives me reward points for using my card, so every week when I fill up I get 2 points per for dollar spent. Adds up pretty quick and in another 5 months, My new bose surround sound should be in the mail. lol

On another gas station note, dont fall for the Sheets gas card rebates. Reading the fine print and it says all rebates will be giving in the form of Sheets gift cards in $25 increments. ME and the wife added if up and it would take us 5 months to get 1 $25 card using both our vehicals.

tiny tim

That is their way of getting you in their store. They make a LOT of their money from us buying their convenience store items.

I noticed the signs, too. One of the WaWa's has the mid and high grade gas prices on a smaller sign on the ground.

it costs them money every time someone uses a card

tiny tim

Are you asking us or telling us.

There is a transaction charge every time we swipe credit at the pump or store that WaWa would have to pay, or any store in that matter.

i'm telling. thats why they are doing it. testing it in greatmills/lp before they expand it.

bcp

In My Opinion
Good call. I hadn't thought about that. Now it annoys me even more. Trying to make me fat, huh?
the fatter you are the more gas you burn carrying that lard butt around.
works for them on many levels.
they sell you the crap to make you fat
they sell you the extra gas needed to get to them to buy more stuff to make you fatter to burn more gas.

bohman

Does anyone else see the biggest irony in this? They would only allow a no fee ATM in their store, but they want to charge extra to give you the convenience of paying at the pump.

The ATM brings you inside the store, which is where they want you.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
The ATM brings you inside the store, which is where they want you.

I know that over the summer Wawa did this in Pennsylvania. I was visiting family and there was a gas war between Wawa and Hess. If you paid cash you saved 15 to 25 cents a gallon. If wawa did that they would make a killing . They had off duty police directing traffic. The only downfall is that I had to wait about 20 minutes to get gas. It was worth it though.

Charles

That is their way of getting you in their store. They make a LOT of their money from us buying their convenience store items.

I noticed the signs, too. One of the WaWa's has the mid and high grade gas prices on a smaller sign on the ground.
CJ's in Lusby gets you in the store by not giving receipts at the pump.

I

Inkpen

I think they are trying to get more people in the stores to buy snacks, coffee etc. That's is their largest profit margin...

Ya..like they did over the holidays....Free Coffee in the afternoon..all those homeward bound commuters got free coffee and spent $$$$ on all sorts of other stuff....good marketing ploy!!

I

Inkpen

CJ's in Lusby gets you in the store by not giving receipts at the pump.

As does the station just up the road at the corner...
Not sure of the name, but got gas and machine said to go inside to get receipt.
I wrote down the info and left...did not have time to go in and wait in line...