We all understand that abortion wasn't banned today, right?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yeah, my FB page is lit up with a bunch of people who, all of a sudden, are upset that something major happened. Gee, where were they when gas prices were climbing, or when the prices in the grocery stores were getting outrageous?? They weren't screaming about those things. Not to mention they're spewing all their hate & discontent without having the right info or facts straight. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PJay

Screenshot_20220624-213947~3.png

DaSDGuy

Bottom line is abortion can be made a constitutional right with an amendment to the Constitution. It needs to be ratified by 2/3's of the States to become the law of the land. That means 33 (or 34, depending on rounding) states must get their voters to approve the amendment. Right now there are 13 states where abortion is illegal, leaving 37 that currently allow abortions.
Get to work people and do it right this time if you really want abortion to be your right. Bitching on TV doesn't get you what you want.

Bluecrqbe

Yeah, my FB page is lit up with a bunch of people who, all of a sudden, are upset that something major happened. Gee, where were they when gas prices were climbing, or when the prices in the grocery stores were getting outrageous?? They weren't screaming about those things. Not to mention they're spewing all their hate & discontent without having the right info or fact straight. :rolleyes:
Because most people realize the complexities of global pricing, and while not happy and probably pretty angry about the price at the pump we have seen it swing wildly over the years.

What we haven’t seen before is what was announced yesterday, a clear, thought out decision removing federal protection for a service that 1 out of 4 women have performed in their life.

I have no idea why she started this thread, as other posts have listed, abortion is already being banned in several states. People see what’s going to happen if republicans ever get full control again, it will be a full federal ban.

So yes, people are angry, if this is surprising to you you’re the one that’s out of touch.

glhs837

Power with Control
Because most people realize the complexities of global pricing, and while not happy and probably pretty angry about the price at the pump we have seen it swing wildly over the years.

What we haven’t seen before is what was announced yesterday, a clear, thought out decision removing federal protection for a service that 1 out of 4 women have performed in their life.

I have no idea why she started this thread, as other posts have listed, abortion is already being banned in several states. People see what’s going to happen if republicans ever get full control again, it will be a full federal ban.

So yes, people are angry, if this is surprising to you you’re the one that’s out of touch.

The key is what those bans look like. Total bans, partial bans, heartbeat or calendar based. exceptions allowed? To just say abortion banned misses a lot.