We haz a sad

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Took Miss Blue to the vet yesterday for a checkup, was concerned about her constant drooling, and the color.
Dr Dorsch found a large tumor on the bottom of her tongue.

If her supposition is confirmed, Miss Blue is now in hospice care, as the type of tumor is not removable, and treatment only buys time, does not cure.
We'll know for sure when the lab results are back in a few days.

She is eating a little, still very affectionate, purrs up a storm...just when she was learning the bed is a good place to be.
Her previous people could not let her in the bedroom or on the furniture due to the illness related conditions, including allergies, cat being one.
They did try keeping her for 2 years after they had re-homed their other 2 cats.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Spr, I have been thinking about Miss Blue ever since you posted. We had the very same issue with our 16 year old greyhound/black lab mix rescue. Our sweet Oreo. We used Darnell’s mobile vet service when the time came. Oreo crossed the rainbow bridge in the comfort of her own doggie bed at home; surrounded by all of us that loved her so much. Dr. Darnell is wonderful. Thought it might be an option for you. Teared up as I typed this. Take care.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
How's she doing this morning?
Today, Blue wanted Outside time. She's decided she likes exploring the grass in the fenced in backyard. I got on shoes, a jacket and cap, then we went down the stairs and out the downstairs patio door, accompanied by Buff (our ginger boy who is 8 years her junior).

She wandered around a little and then settled. It was really "exciting" watching her as she lay on the sun warmed pavers in front of the garden shed, grooming.

She then did a little walkabout, got an idea in her head and sprinted from the back of the yard into the open cellar level patio door.

By the time I had gathered up Buff, who had been cricket hunting, and got in the house, Blue was upstairs in the kitchen eating some lunch.

She's got Fight.

luvmygdaughters

So sorry to hear about Ms. Blue. She is a beautiful girl. You have given her a great life and comforting to know her last days will be of kindness and love.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thanks all, she woke me up a little earlier than I had the alarm set, but worth it.
Blue wanted to cuddle on the bed, buzzing up a storm as I scratched her head.

She ate a little of the gravy food, when I came down to make people breakfast.

Dreading Doc's verdict when the labs are in, but facing the reality.
5 days away from 11 months we've had her, become Queen of the House, and found a place in our hearts.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just got off the phone with Dr Dorsch.
1f603.png
2764.png

She said Blue's blood work looks good save for an enzyme that indicates a possibility of parasitic infection. We'll get a stool sample into the clinic so they can investigate that.

The cytology came back as strong possibility It Is Not A Cancerous Tumor, but a granuloma. There is a chance it can be resected, and that Blue has a fair chance of more good years.

She is going to do more research and will have that information so Anita and I can make a decision about treatment.