We haz a sad

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I opened the deck door a little before sunset to catch a bin that was blowing over in the rain. Miss Fuzzy Butt scoots by me and down the stairs to the grass. I'd thought she was sleeping.

I closed the door, put on a jacket and hat, went down cellar and out that door.

Buff followed me out.

He stayed out about 30 seconds, Blue, about 3 minutes. She did stay under the deck, so just got a little damp.

It is bittersweet that she is so NOT ready to give up.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank you all for your kind words.
My mom says I'm a big mushball when it comes to my wife, little kids and pets.

Miss Blue has been up and about this morning, kept me awake a little last night.
I keep bowls of kibble and water by the bottom of the book shelf near my side of the bed.
She was having a snack of the Temptations treats she likes so well.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Miss Blue has been up and about this morning, kept me awake a little last night.
I keep bowls of kibble and water by the bottom of the book shelf near my side of the bed.

Nothing wrong with being a mushball. :huggy:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Blue and Brother Buff had Second Outside Time today, had a bit of excitement.

There is a low spot under the back fence, rabbit passage. I notice Buff is back there, sniffigating, his tail all poofed out and the hair along his spine ridged up.

I then noticed a black dot just under the bottom fence rail. Neighbor dog was also sniffigating, reached under with ones of her paws, too.

Buff didn't howl or try to bop the dog.

The interplay did attract Miss Blue's attention. She trotted over and decided to sniffigate, too. Though she hissed, did not bop the dog paw.

Heard a second one scratching at the fence and whining a little.

Neighbor came out and called the dogs. I explained what was occurring. He apologized and I replied it was no bad thing. It is the first time, to my knowledge, that either cat has been that close to a dog.

We connected on FB, said the 2 dogs are huskies and his female was the one investigating the cat.

They have a tortie in the house who teaches the dogs manners.

A little earlier, got home from some errands, including buying a tub of Miss Blue's favorite crunchy treat. As she was waiting by the front door, opened the package, put a dozen down for her, and they were gone in a New York minute.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:huggy:
An admirable quality, indeed!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The steroid seems to be working for Blue. She still drools a lot, but it is not discolored as before.
Today we started a daily transdermal cream maintenance dose.

Her appetite and drinking are good.

Neighbor I mentioned above...his huskies ran to the rabbit run last night, looking for kitties.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The steroid seems to be working for Blue. She still drools a lot, but it is not discolored as before.
Today we started a daily transdermal cream maintenance dose.

Her appetite and drinking are good.

Neighbor I mentioned above...his huskies ran to the rabbit run last night, looking for kitties.

Go Miss Blue! What’s up with the dogs? Are they new neighbors?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Go Miss Blue! What’s up with the dogs? Are they new neighbors?
A few days ago, Miss Blue and Mr Buff were having Outside Time.
There is a rabbit run under the back fence.
Buff was puff tailed and sniffing at the low spot.
Saw a black nose and white paw sticking through.
Kitties made the acquaintance of the back yard neighbor's husky; Queen Peanutbutter Paw.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Blue and me last night.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Miss Blue is, according to her previous people (who were crying when they gave her to us) a long haired. snowshoe seal point Siamese.
She is named after her lovely blue eyes.

I just finished the deep blue sea cupcakes for my grandson’s Bday, tomorrow. I thought of Miss Blue. How is she doing, and how are you doing?

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just finished the deep blue sea cupcakes for my grandson’s Bday, tomorrow. I thought of Miss Blue. How is she doing, and how are you doing?
We just came in from the backyard. She still has a good running pace. Went to the rabbit run when the dog stuck her nosew under, no hissing, but Blue did reach out to bat the dog's paw when she reached under the fence. Buff just stood back and puff tailed.

She seems to be doing okay, not hiding, eating enough to maintain weight and energy.

As of tomorrow, I will be 4 years and 8 months post-surgery. Biggest concerns now are A1C and BP slightly on the high side. Am on meds to try and see if that will work, along with losing a bit of excess flab.

BTW, Buff spent most of his time walking the railing on the deck. He likes to be high above the ground.

AND...tomorrow is the 42nd anniversary of when Anita and I became a couple. June 26 will make 38 years married.

Last edited: