Wedding day hair/make-up

bedebum13

Does anyone have any suggestions for wedding day hair/make-up? Since I am probably not going to the Salon I usually go to I would rather someone come to the house for me and my five bridesmaids. I usually go to Scalped in Prince Frederick and really wanted to have it done there but when my fiance found out that it would be just under $1,000 for all of us he really wants me to look elsewhere and I agree. Thanks in advance for your suggestions:)

Does anyone have any suggestions for wedding day hair/make-up? Since I am probably not going to the Salon I usually go to I would rather someone come to the house for me and my five bridesmaids. I usually go to Scalped in Prince Frederick and really wanted to have it done there but when my fiance found out that it would be just under $1,000 for all of us he really wants me to look elsewhere and I agree. Thanks in advance for your suggestions:)

How long is everyone's hair? Do you/they want it up or down? I've done hair and make up for 4 weddings, nothing big. I'm not a professional, I just love it. If everyone has long enough hair to leave it down that's probably what I'd do. Maybe put some medium/large curls in it to give body but use something like spray starch (for hair of course, lol) to make sure it stays. Go natural/neutral with makeup...classic :yay:

KBaxter

Photographer
This Makeup artist.... she will come to your home. Not too expensive and she does great work!!!! She also does a trial run with the makeup.

Frankie
MAC MAKEUP ARTIST
Frankibuglisi@yahoo.com
Waldorf, Maryland

Shes great I've had her do my makeup. Shes such a sweetheart. She used to be a Redskinette too!!! :)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I'm going to be honest with you, under $1000 for 6 people's hair and make-up from someone I trusted coming straight to my house with all the equipment needed (what a hassle that has to be) doesn't seem like that much. How much would it cost if you all went there? How much out of your way would that be? How much of your pre-wedding time would that eat up?

bedebum13

I'm going to be honest with you, under $1000 for 6 people's hair and make-up from someone I trusted coming straight to my house with all the equipment needed (what a hassle that has to be) doesn't seem like that much. How much would it cost if you all went there? How much out of your way would that be? How much of your pre-wedding time would that eat up?

That actually is the cost for all of us to go there - I was just thinking as an alternative having someone come to the house if we can. I agree with you though somewhat - I think it will be money well spent but at the same time, the closer we get the more is being tacked on to our total wedding expenses and I think it is making my fiance a little nutty - I am just trying really hard to cut costs anyplace possible. One alternative is for me to get my hair/make-up done there and have someone come to the house for the girls ...

bedebum13

This Makeup artist.... she will come to your home. Not too expensive and she does great work!!!! She also does a trial run with the makeup.

Frankie
MAC MAKEUP ARTIST
Frankibuglisi@yahoo.com
Waldorf, Maryland

Shes great I've had her do my makeup. Shes such a sweetheart. She used to be a Redskinette too!!! :)

Thanks for the suggestion:) I'll contact her.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
That actually is the cost for all of us to go there - I was just thinking as an alternative having someone come to the house if we can. I agree with you though somewhat - I think it will be money well spent but at the same time, the closer we get the more is being tacked on to our total wedding expenses and I think it is making my fiance a little nutty - I am just trying really hard to cut costs anyplace possible. One alternative is for me to get my hair/make-up done there and have someone come to the house for the girls ...

Okay, now I get it. I misunderstood a little bit. You know the very first thing I'd do is talk to my regular hairstylist and explain to her that I need to do something that costs less and offer a reasonable amount and ask her if she or someone she could recommend could do it "off the books". Sometimes that works, because the hairstylists have to pay for their space at the salon. At the least she may know someone that would be just right and willing to do it for that price.

If that doesn't work, then I'd email my bridesmaids in a mass email and explain that you want to do everyone's hair and makeup at the house, but as they know, budget is limited and ask if they know or can suggest someone.

I'm not familiar enough with PF to recommend anybody, but I'd also be worried that "my" style and your style are totally different and would hate for you to be in tears on your wedding day cause your makeup and hair looked all wrong. It's important to try and get suggestions from your girls and hairstylist first cause they know you best.

Good luck and congratulations.

angelbaby

Call Julie at Cedar Point Hair Salon. 301-863-5960. She does wedding parties all over the tri-county area. She is the best around. She is the hairstylist of choice for many of the forumites. You will be very happy with her work. PM me if you need anymore information.

estee_shaun

Call Julie at Cedar Point Hair Salon. 301-863-5960. She does wedding parties all over the tri-county area. She is the best around. She is the hairstylist of choice for many of the forumites. You will be very happy with her work. PM me if you need anymore information.

Absolutely AGREE!! Julie is the best and she has done several weddings. My favorite, would never let anyone else touch my hair....